Stack Survey

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by billbob78, Dec 9, 2014.

1. billbob78

billbob78 New Member

How keen would you all be on completing a stacking survey... This would be either based on volumes of bullion or numis and based on types of coins/bars... completely anonymous.

Perhaps this could give a direction of who like what and what volumes we are keeping out of the market?

2. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Seeing that I now own 2 silver coins. By the time I got to 5 silver coins I would be completely avoiding a survey.

A poll on the other hand might be something more would be willing to participant in.

3. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That'd be great. But technically I'd need more than one coin for a 'stack'.

4. bull_bear

bull_bear New Member Silver Stacker

I suspect the more serious collectors / stackers are the exactly the sort of people that would avoid this like the plauge.

We are not keeping any volumes out of the market in the overall scheme of things.
    And as per above, those that have the larger volumes would not want to participate.

5. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I no longer have any idea how much or of what type I currently own.

Most voluntary surveys will suffer from people choosing to not participate which may or may not skew the data.

Plus what I like at the time of the survey may not be what I like once all the surveys are collated, all you could show is what people were into at the time of the survey and this will change as spot changes and new items come on to the market.

It is not a bad idea and I would be interested in the results but I don't think you would be able to read much into the results or gain any significant or reliable knowledge.

6. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

I think it is a bad idea...The less people know how much silver you own, the better.

Regards Errol 43