Sovereign GT

Discussion in 'Prospecting & Detecting' started by Dirtbikepilot, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

Well I just ordered my Sovereign GT (first detector) from Goanna Gold Detectors in the Hunter Valley.
    Hopefully it will be here by Tuesday. I am looking forward to it as are the kids. Thinking of ordering a
    15" WOT coil from the States to put on it for the beach. Anyway there will be a lot of
    practice to start with and we will then go from there. Well if we find anything will be sure to let you know.

2. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

Where can you detect around the hunter valley ?

3. Dirtbikepilot

Not far to the beaches, only 50mins(Quickier once the freeway extension is finished).
    Plenty of parks and historic sites around the area. Will be a bit of trial and error, but
    most of all it's about time outdoors with the kids. Kids (big and little) love treasure hunting.

We regularly go to Nundle and Pan. We don't get much, but we have a great time. Despite
    what we (don't) get we keep going. It's not only about what you find, but the fun you have doing it.

4. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1.
    Just got back from a fossicking trip a little bit out west - kids had a ball. Panned only maybe a gram of gold, but kids loved it. They found a bag full of saphires so were chuffed with the whole trip.

5. Dirtbikepilot

Absolutely spot on. These are the things our kids will remember all their lives and may even tell their kids/grandkids about or do the same thing with them.
    They won't remember or care about the latest video game or current teen tv show.

6. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

7. Squiggles

Squiggles New Member

Hey another detectorist from the Hunter Valley :D, me and a couple of guys do semi-regular hunts between Newcastle and Singleton. If you're interested in catching up for a swing someday check out the link in my signature. Cheers