'Sourcing'

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by Fergus, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Fergus

Fergus New Member

I'm interested in buying something to hold for several years and possibly pass on in inheritance.

I did a quick search and found the Coinworks website, which seems very 'high-end'. But I would be in the ballpark for their cheapest offerings - they have some things under $5000.

They seem to offer a service of finding appropriate items per the customers' instructions. So if I said to them "Please find a single item, Australian, for less than $5,000, with some historical theme or event being memorialised or recognised" could they do that for me? Does anyone know how much they charge for this sort of 'sourcing' service?

Are there other companies that would do the same, reliably?

TIA,

Fergus

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Email them and ask them ;)

3. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow your request is broad and vague
    If you are genuine I would suggest you do some research before you commit to a purchase so you know what you want and what it is worth. Other than that I am sure that several members here (myself included) would be willing to help you source something.
    But you need to expand on what you are looking for

4. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

I have a historic bridge available...

5. Fergus

Fergus New Member

Thanks guys. I can email them, of course, but would prefer to hear (or read) other customers or interested parties' descriptions and evaluations of their services before I get their sales pitch.

Sorry to be so vague but I know very little about the subject, so don't have many solid ideas in mind. I'd like to buy something with a chance of investment value, with some sort of significance beyond its value as money. A holey dollar is a great little history lesson, for example. But it's one I can't afford, so that particular example is out.