Some interesting comments i am finding dredging through old threads

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Gullintanni, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

I will not post any from here and will not attach names .
    Might help to look at these when the next bull runs.
    If you are not interested then just do not comment at all:)

04/04/2011:Bought 8 ASEs and three grizzlyss today. While at the dealer one guy traded 3 1 oz gold eagles for 120 ASEs. It's a toss up if he made the right choice as the three gold didn't make half what the 120 ASEs made in gains today so Ibelieve he made the right choice.

House likes this.
  2. Gullintanni

"Bought 2 on eBay, not proud of paying $45-$47.50 for 2 Eagles but I'm a buy and hold kind of guy. Waiting for $50, then $100 and I agree with the other post - once the public gets onto this plus every other reason - I'll probably buy all the way up. Keeping my gold though. Trading gold for silver in my opinion is short term thinking, but if all you want to do is Arb then go for it."

Love the bold comment.
    Wonder how that is working out.
    And be honest , how many of US here have said that?

3. Gullintanni

05/04/2011
    "I traded some nice, crisp, consecutive numbered, One Hunderd Dollar Federal Reserve Notes that I've had in my safe for a few years for a few Oz's of .999 today.

Damn things haven't appreciated at all!!! "

4. Gullintanni

05/04/2011

"340 halves and 1049 dimes for $7750. keep searching people! deals are still out there.
    regards, michael

p.s. thats 27.5XFV"

All USD current value$3575

5. Gullintanni

05/04/2011
    "for me it seems at this level ($40) silver is a dangerous play. its no longer a 'safe haven' but a speculative bet.

as i walked around the stores today, i was looking at a sophisticated heart/blood pressure monitor. it was $35..wtf?! and this chucnk of metal with no functionality whatsoever is sellign for more

i dont feel these levels north of $50 will hold "

And in response to the above GOLDEN FORECAST we have this idiot

"Glad to hear your bearishness ... that means we are are nowhere near the top. "

House likes this.
  6. Gullintanni

OMG this could be the top of the list so far.

"I got into silver in August 2010. I had been reading for some time about the upside potential of silver due to many factors: the devaluating dollar, the overall unsteadiness of the economy and the lack of silver in respect to the overall investment and industrial demand. I also read about silver going anywhere from $50 an ounce to $500 plus.

When you look at the current economic situation and the foreseen demand for silver--I think silver has a strong upside and the forecasts that I read at the time I decided to invest remain.

I'm glad I got in when I did with large investments but I am not opposed to continue to buy. There is no guaranteed in anything--but I feel safer with silver as an investment than I do with the stock market."

7. SilverTom

SilverTom Member

I hear these guys have recently moved their money into bit coin

8. Gullintanni

LOL.
    I tell ya what,,,,,, some people just thought there was not top to be had and they were going to be rich rich rich.
    I wish i had bitcoin back in 2010, heck i even knew what it was but didn't even consider putting $100 in when it was $0.10 GRRRRRRrrrrrrrr.
    I am not putting these up to make fun, it is just to keep things in perspective.
    Between 1934-1965 is 31 years, then 1965-1980 another 15 years 1980-2011 31 years, it seem like strange logic but it could be as little as 9 years away before we have crazy breakout time again.
    Stack hard and DO NOT BE SCARED TO SELL at a good profit as many before us have FAILED to do.
    I am well over the " in for the long haul" nonsense, i am in to make money and have silver and it it possible to do both.
    I think far to many people in 2011 acted foolishly and it reminds me of that old joke about the drowning guy who passes up all the help offered by those passing in boats in the hope that God would help him.
    After turning down rescue after rescue he finally drowns and when he gets to heaven asks God why he did not help, Gods reply was I DID i sent you all those boats and you refused them all.

9. Gullintanni

Another beauty from 04/04/2011

"Just dollar-cost average...buy some silver each payday regardless of price. Nobody can time the market consistently. I just bought 100oz today at 38$/oz and I bought the same in late January on the dip for 27$/oz. It won't matter what price you bought at in 5-7 years when silver is between 300-500$/oz. Just buy high-quality, small-denomination silver silver now, whenever you can afford it.

As Michael Maloney says, if you do not do this, you will regret it for the rest of your life."

EDIT: all USD prices

10. Gullintanni

03/05/2011

"I don't see how 2011 could be like 1980. I hope to see a big drop and wish I could call the bottom and maybe it will take awhile to break through 50$ but I don't see how it could stay at 50 or less for too long.

1980 was obvious manipulation that got it going in both directions rapidly. This time maybe there is manipulation but it is not obvious and the industrial demand far exceeds 1980."

Cricky all these people thinking it will be different this time.
    On the plus side they were right about it not staying at $50 for to long, it is just that it went DOWN instead of up.

11. Gullintanni

Don't you just love (or hate) how if the prices rise it is natural and when prices go down it is manipulation?
    This seems like a very common theme for all site i see.

12. Gullintanni

05/05/2011

Current price of silver around $40usd oz and this ripper.

"Wow silver down again,amazing another deal of a lifetime to buy!
    I must be a cat with 9 lives because these deals keep coming around heh heh."

13. Gullintanni

05/05/2011

"if you wanted to sell you shouldd have after the big drop last week..
    now hang on.. let it drop go low.. pray for lower spot
    then......... take ever dime you have and go buy...
    today 5 ounces at my coin shop is 182$... I plan on buying tomorrow...
    perhaps save a few more dollars...
    if we drop into the 20's or god forbid the teens
    I am going to draw down my cash savings account and buy buy buy
    hold on people it's going to go up"

14. Gullintanni

05/05/2011

Smart guy , maybe:)
    "Hey commodities have price changes. I'm an old fart I watched silver hit $50 in 1980 and watched it drop to $2.50. I had thousands of Morgans and Peace dollars pass through my hands in Las Vegas where a rack of 100 cost $100 Don't forget there is a reson that the ASE is stamped "One Dollar""

15. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

There are words in the world.
    There are actions in the world.
    When ones profit requires anothers loss, be sure both will differ.

16. Gullintanni

This seems to be another old favourite of the stacker (us).
    To count oz's and not the dollar value?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I have never ever understood this as the simple fact of the matter is that we need dollars to survive and live day to day (with the very odd exception) .
    I guess it is a good way to make yourself feel better when you buy 1000 oz's for $40 and they are now only worth $18 "at least the oz's are still there"

05/05/2011

"If you track and value your PM's by the dollar value you are investing or trading, if you keep score by the ounces (or lbs) you have you are protecting your wealth by storing/hedging over long time frame.

My PM's were bought as store of wealth and hedge. Because of price volitality and fact they do not act like other investments., ie stocks/bonds, I think you have to count ounces not dollar value of PM's.

My two cents...."

17. Gullintanni

HMMMMMMM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

07/05/2011

"Sold nothing, kept up with my purchases of about $1500 CAN per month, focusing now on purchasing Canadian silver dollars from the 1950's, but periodically purchase US silver dollars whenever available. I like silver dollars, and believe $50/ounce for silver is so cheap that it warrants purchasing at that price as opposed to selling."

Ouch:(

18. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

This is a sensitive issue. Many were led astray by arguments based on a flawed foundation. In time, no doubt, silver will surpass the $50 mark once more but there is still a long wait. The time taken from $50 to its eventual bottom will be similar to the time to return back to this price. It is a lot of time for no return on capital.

19. Gullintanni

Thanks tolly, what you say is true.
    I do not want to hurt anyone here (hence no posts from this site) .
    What i would like to do is put up some of the arguments that we all faced back then in the hope that no-one gets suckered next time.
    I thought it was going higher, but by luck buy and hold was not for me and i only hold what is free(ish) from flipping and dealing.
    You can still build a decent stack like that.
    I see and read from people claiming they want insurance or real money yet IMHO these are just copouts for not getting ahead.
    We need $$$$$$ to live day to day and pay our bills and feed our kids and ourselves.
    The bull will run again and just like the times before it will come crashing down, i want people HERE to sell when they double or triple their money and learn from history and sit on the cash and buy back if they feel the need when prices are down.
    As stackers we are the ones that deserve to make money on bull runs as we have been in at the lows and the bull is what we have waited for.
    We should NOT worry about leaving some other poor bugger holding the bag because we have learned from history and the bag holder this time will learn for the next run.

20. Gullintanni

06/05/2011

"I remember 5 months ago it was 3.99 premium for ASE's. Or so..

Remember this guys... When premiums are 10.99 per ASE you'll be loving these 5.99 days.

I know i'm hogging this thread but, it's time we think about this situation and learn from it. This thread has a lot of reflecting going on and that is good. Gives the new stacker's, like me, some perspective. By June we will be talking about the great dip of May. And who was buying on it.

When it dropped from 31 to 26 I was very happy. I bought a lot of silver. I felt it was the perfect time. I feel that way now too."