Some goldbugs: "use VISA, Mastercard and PayPal" like I do!

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Load of Bullion, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I am well aware via discussion over the www that some goldbugs would prefer people use
    networks such as VISA, Mastercard and PayPal (and support central bank currency issuance) rather than support
    the Bitcoin payment network which is an alternative.

Classic example:
    [​IMG]
    Jonah is a goldbug.

I've used PayPal, but not in quite a few years. I have a VISA card, although I am well aware
    that VISA prohibited me (should I have wanted to..) from donating to Wikileaks a while back (as did PayPal and Mastercard).

I use the Bitcoin payment network over the VISA payment network when possible for numerous reasons.

Personally, digital payments make my life easier just as email has.

This forum is digital: I've invested lots of wealth into things digital (hardware/software/providers/phones/cameras etc). Just as many others have.

Some goldbugs definitely would prefer I use make digital payments via PayPal, VISA or Mastercard they no doubt support (but can be reluctant to admit to.hmm?), but I am in the process
    of withdrawing my support where possible. I find it ironic that some goldbugs would rather I support central bank issued currency and payment networks controlled corporations like VISA and PayPal!

I have gold coins. They have little acceptance which is understandable and collect dust, which is fine.

Each to their own. I happen to choose a network where govts and corporations don't prevent me from send whatever amount to whoever I want providing they provide a Bitcoin address.

A "sickening" thought to some goldbugs..I know! :cool: