Soft and materialistic

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Silverthorn, May 22, 2012.

1. mikedm

mikedm New Member

2. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What is "truth"?

Who is John Galt?

3. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

auspm,

Could you please post a link to that sketch from Currier and Ives "The way to grow poor and The way to grow rich"?

One of the best illustrations I have seen. I want to send it to a few of my friends.

Cheers markcoinoz:)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Just Google it Markcoinoz, there's a lot of copies online if you do a google image search.

5. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks auspm,

Just found it on Wikipeadia

Cheers markcoinoz

6. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Well, you know you are dealing with an intellectual titan when one of the fundamental tenants of their quasi-philosophy is "existence exists".
    I can't take seriously someone who tries to rehabilitate Aristotle's epistemology for the modern age when we just spent 1500 years escaping from it.
    And if Rand had really paid attention to Aristotle's logic, maybe she would not have made the error of criticising other philosophers for not solving the problem of induction while at the same time assuming her "philosophy" was inductive!
    David Hume: 1 Alisa Zinov'yevna Rosenbaum: 0

7. Byron

Byron Guest

I'd love to see this poster updated with things like "property speculation", "gambling in the share market", "consumerist lifestyle" etc

8. Kawa

Kawa New Member

And you can cut and paste all types of narrative and post long winded posts and claim them as your own.LOL

9. Guest

Guest Guest

The other commentary I take with a grain of salt - but not the accusation of plagiarism

I provide corresponding soundbites and media for the sake of clarity and cohesion, not because I want to claim their work as mine.

The commentary in my post (apart from any specified quotation) is 100% my own efforts. Google it as you please, you won't find it's pulled from anywhere else.

It's a little disappointing that because you don't come across as just another garden variety gnome in intellectual capacity you're immediately a source of suspicion around here.

It's just a sad indictment of the modern age that the most stupid and corrupt happen to hold the largest slices of wealth in the world. It's really no wonder (to me anyway) that it's going down in a flaming wreck.

I've explained it the best I can. People will still say it's wrong, but I expect that. Even Ayn herself fought against an ignorant establishment all her life and after 3 years of SS, nothing has changed and I don't expect it to.

The one thing I DO know about SS though is that if your views deviate radically from the collective accepted standards and status quo, you'll come under attack - just like the 'real world'

Whatever.

The collective will continue to play dumb, ask questions for answers they don't want to know and abuse those who have the audacity to tell the truth they don't want to hear - meanwhile lament the fact no one had the courage or honesty to tell them in the first place.

And people honestly wonder why I'm so caustic to the collective mindset?

Already just telling the truth has lead to the personal attacks here.

I've even had one of your members recently say I'm the 'poison pill' of SS, which really says it all.

Let's face it, most people here simply don't want to know and that's the bottom line.

It's also why I post here in spurts and I'm not a regular contributor as much as I once was, what's the point?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Very true. I think in my prolonged efforts to inform others over the years I've become a masochist.

Ironic that on such a forum with 'enlightened' individuals that would be the case, but none the less...

Like I said above, it's why I only post on SS in spurts rather than be a regular poster for obvious reasons. For all the claim that SS is the platform for those who see beyond the 'system', it shows an alarming sense of collective status quo and mainstream ideology for my personal tastes.

11. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

give up auspm, you shouldnt need to explain the obvious to trolls
    what i normally do is just have my say once, clarrify a few times, answer a few questions, and let the posters squabble over my nonsense on their own

if they cant find fault they will resort to accusations

your time is better spent invested on those whom clearly suck up to you like i do so please tell me the meaning of life

good morning from cloudy brisbane

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Rofl ya cheeky sod ;)

I c wat u did thar!

I might be arrogant and self righteous in the way I come across, but I'm not oblivious to it either.

Okay, I get the picture. People don't want the boat rocked. I guess we're not ready for exploring that sort of mindset around these parts.

I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I get what you're saying.

13. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

auspm I value your input on this forum, you are an open book no shades of grey.

14. upandaway

upandaway Member

+1 Amen brother.

15. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

You think youve got it hard ? try telling people you have real estate !!! :p: