So uhh. I've been out of the loop

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Arcanist, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Arcanist

Arcanist New Member

I got some great help here last time deciding what I want to buy. Now I am trying to figure out what to do again. My $1500 investment has raised to $2080. I still have no idea why my investment has raised in price and when a good time to sell it would be. I actually regret making this purchase because I don't know what I'm doing. I'm looking for some experienced people to tell me what exactly I've got my hands on. Thanks!

Two tubes of PERTH MINT 2014 AUSTRALIAN SALTWATER CROCODILE 1OZ SILVER COIN (50oz in total)
    http://www.goldstackers.com.au/store/silver/perth-mint-1oz-silver-crocodile-2014.html

One AUSTRALIAN LUNAR SERIES II 2014 YEAR OF THE HORSE 5OZ SILVER PROOF COIN
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...-year-of-the-horse-5oz-silver-proof-coin.aspx

One Australian Lunar Series II 2014 Year of the Horse 1/10oz Gold Proof Coin
    http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalog...-2014-year-of-the-horse-gold-proof-coins.aspx

So yea. I made these purchases in June last year, when the price of silver was around $20/oz AUD.

Is there anything I should sell? Or will these continue to be a good investment? Thanks a lot.

2. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

At the moment you've probably made a little money if you got a fair price for them, not much, but probably much better than bank interest over the same period. It's going u depend a lot on how much you paid for them to begin with, if you got them off ebay your probably just breaking even, if you got them off the forum your probably up close to $50 up. It's the saltities and the 1/10th that will have changed the most, the 5oz proof is probably roughly the same price. That might sound like the proof isn't a good investment but it wouldn't have dropped much either if the price had gone down.

Hope that helps.

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Arcanist, I think you are okay with those purchases. The time to sell can include:
    1) when you absolutely need to and there is no better choice than to sell the silver products you purchased.
    2) when you want to buy other silver products and you have found a buyer who is willing to pay you the same or more than what you paid for what you already have. This can free up money to buy what you prefer to have.

Buying from this forum is not necessarily a money saver...it depends on where you and the seller live, what you are looking to buy and those sorts of things. For example, about 18 months ago I was in contact with a member here who's lowest price on a roll of 20 1 oz silver Lunar coins was higher than what I could pay on eBay...and on eBay I get free shipping whereas here I didn't. The point is, don't take anyone's word on "lowest price here"...do your due diligence. After shopping around you may find that the SilverStacker forum is where you get the best price for certain products...but no one should assume that by default it is.

Keep an open mind and look at all options.