SMSF admin computer software

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by MassiveOni, Jan 4, 2013.

1. MassiveOni

MassiveOni Member

heya everyone,

ive been googing hard over the last few nights, and i cant find a program that makes managing a smsf easy, and if the program is easy, its only for stocks.

what i am asking is, what program does everyone use to manage your silver super stacks?

cheers

2. jorgon

jorgon New Member

Hi MassiveOni

Being a control freak, I create my own financial statements for my SMSF, and make my own tax calculations and return, using Excel spreadsheets. These are available from my site below.

This involves inputting all the data manually on the correct spreadsheet, so its not as "easy" as giving an accountant or bookkeeper your stockbroker's report for them to do this. And obviously it is only for people with the confidence to do this and who are willing to understand the applicable tax concepts and rules (from the comprehensive help file). Also for those willing to take responsibility for the accuracy of the data which they put in the spreadsheets and the accuracy of the financial statement and the return.

The spreadsheets can be used in single member or multi-member funds, and can handle foreign currencies. They are only for funds in accumulation phase investing only in financial investments such as bank deposits, shares, unit trusts, managed funds and of course precious metals. They can be adapted to suit other types of funds or investments. The 2013 version is coming out soon, alternatively the 2012 can be used and adapted for the 2013 tax return.