Slipstream Trader - Any subscribers here?

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by jparrie, Mar 27, 2012.

1. jparrie

jparrie Member

I got that email too, and I am already a subscriber?

Woops, they obviously forgot about the other stocks that didn't do so well, like AWC, SAR, NCM, and the grandaddy of them all, NAV. Not to mention all the other shorts that have been a f*cking disaster.

That sort of misleading advertising really pisses me off.

2. jparrie

jparrie Member

BHP stop loss today, index stop loss yesterday. One stock doing well, up 18%. Lots of short trades on.

On the topic of short selling, the smallest short sale broker I can find has a minimum position size of $50k. Anyone know any brokers that will allow short selling with smaller position sizes?

3. jparrie

jparrie Member

Just an update, having tried this guy's tips now for over a year I have come to the conclusion that he is either having an exceptionally bad run or that he is actually just crap. He's had one stop loss hit after another, over and over. If you've been following him trade for trade I would hate to think how much you would be down.

But when he does have a winner PPP make impressive looking ads saying that he 'made xx% in a few days'. What they don't tell you is all the losses he's had too, that sort of misleading advertising is annoying.

Bad form, save your money.

4. Ausecon

Ausecon Member

Have just subscribed for the trial for 90 days. Reviewing 2012 info would confirm this. He seems to have had a short bias for most of 2H12 so will be interesting to see if he turns that around.

I must say so far I'm not that impressed, some of the ideas / comments he makes aren't that original so far and are just a regurgitation of stuff that if you read zerohedge and a couple of other financial blogs with a markets bias, then you could think about and pick up anyway.

Will give him the benefit of the doubt for the 90 days though.

Cheers

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Sound like a blind guy in the land of the blind telling everyone to 'follow me'.... and they all fall in a ditch in the end.

6. jparrie

jparrie Member

My final conclusion is that the guy is actually clueless. He's paralysed by his bearish views, refusing to concede that he's actually got it completely wrong for most of 2012, and now he's carrying on that view in 2013. There have been countless good quality, undervalued stocks yielding good dividends that have increased in value over the past few months. What has he bought? SAR at 50+ cents. Great move. Most of his shorts got stopped out. Still holds TLS thank goodness. And did have a good call with BPT, that's about it.

So overall a complete disaster, despite all the BS on their own website pushing this service, like "Out of the 21 contracts I have had 14 winners and 7 losers", "Just brilliant", "I love your work...Think you're a genius".

He needs some new tealeaves. I wonder if I can get a refund?

7. Willow

Willow New Member

Claim it on your tax as an education expense. It is still cheap education. It does sound like you have learned alot. Take the good use it and learn from the bad and dont do that..cleche i know but true.

8. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

The year after they first launched it they published the data from every trade that was not ongoing (and those that were ongoing for paid subscribers). So if they do the same this year, you will know exactly how the trades panned out over the year if you followed the advice to the letter. There will be some that have done this and will call them out if they bullshit.

9. jparrie

jparrie Member

I think they've worked a way around this...they do stuff like 'take 1/3 profit', then 'take another 1/3 profit, etc, etc, so actually keeping track of exactly how much has been made isn't easy. Add to that the confusion that has been caused sometimes with alerts that aren't correct, so some people have bought, others haven't, and it's a bit of a mess really.

10. boyracer

boyracer Member

I had subscription to Diggers & Drillers (Alex Cowie) for a year and was not too impressed. His info on various companies is quite informative but I nearly gagged in my mouth after his "win" on Syrah Resoucres (SYR), a graphite explorer he'd been plugging. They'd had a massive 200% gain or somesuch and they started marketing that fact heavily. Of course they failed to mention that he had just closed out 50% loss making positions on a bunch of other stocks (AYN, POK to name a few). I cancelled my sub after that.

Murray Dawes, from the free daily emails I receive from Money Morning & Daily reckoning has had a very bearish bent for some time. This I suspect helped him rack up some wins while the market was heading south. Last year he was warning constantly about a huge market fall about to occur in the next 17 days or thereabouts. Very glad I stuck with my own methods as he was way off on that score.

I really do have a problem with people that advertise their wins and hide their losses under the carpet. Dishonest is the least of it. Thanks to the OP and others for the report card on Slipstream.

11. Ausecon

Ausecon Member

Have completed the 90 day trial.

Overall conclusion: don't bother.

12. jparrie

jparrie Member

Oh c'mon mate, let us in on some of the dogs he's recommended for his poor subscribers over the past 3 months, I could do with a laugh. I remember his last tip I saw was PDN at $1.11, lol.

13. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

I have the ASI subscription and after receiving last weeks sell recommendations I'm down 1k, I only invest what I can afford to lose so generally I only put $500 on each stock and more into ones I pick myself.

I,m starting to form the opinion that by the time the email hits my computer others have already placed orders, so I place the order at the issue price listed and in most cases the price had come back down within the 20 day order option on westpac.

The other thing the are banging on about is getting some pm so that's how I ended up here.

14. Kansas21

Kansas21 Member Silver Stacker

What annoys me the most is the constant we've got some great info for you click here to find out more & end you end up with 20 pages of crap only to find out you need to pay - and when you do there is no advantage the Money Morning or other newsletters give the same info a few days later (even then you get no conclusions or anything substantial)

Having said that the reasoning and analysis is ok to use as input to your own investigation & after taking this view I have found myself doing better.

It would be really nice if they decouple the crap machine to get new subs from current subs.

15. boyracer

boyracer Member

So it's not all bad eh? Welcome aboard.

16. Lord_Dudley

Lord_Dudley Active Member Silver Stacker

Same here. After holding it for months he tells us to sell. Almost half of his recommendations now down 50 to 80%.
    Funny thing is the ones he dumped 2 to 3 yrs ago before I had my subscription, I bought them and they doing good. Not awesome but better than his 25 recommendations right now.
    Like you I've been buying his stocks in $500 lots but I can't sell them now they are too low to do a trade.
    what about that bloody QFX?
    Sorry Kris I won't renew. I get better research with Silver Sanchez by reading his past post.

17. Lord_Dudley

I would swap tips with my ASI for your Diggers and Drillers tips if you are a Silver Stacker.

18. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

Doing great with these guys, last months two stock tips down 20 & 23%

Their best tip that I brought into is only 6% down over three months, maybe ill get better results by throwing darts at a tattslotto ticket?

19. jparrie

jparrie Member

What happened? Was it as bad as NAV, that went from 2.7c to zero? This guy's a legend!

20. Lord_Dudley

Ha ha ha not quite..but getting there. now it's only -85.9% from his first buy recommendation.

Legend!