Sleep ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by southerncross, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

my sleeping pattern never really changes.
    Sunday to Thursday I go to bed at 11:30-12pm and wake up at 5:30am

Friday and Saturday I go to bed around the same time and wake 9-10am. I need the 9 hour sleeps to catch up.

2. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

Do not give people medical advice if you do not have a medical background. Adverse drug reactions frequently occur through word of mouth by people that do not have medical training and are giving advice through anecdotal evidence or personal experience.

To suggest a person to enter a Pharmacy and describe symptoms that are not being experienced is absolutely absurd. Not only you put the person buying the medication at risk but also the Pharmacist supplying the medicine. The Pharmacist may be subject to liabilities if anything happens to the patient.

Phenergan is an antihistamine and is not indicated for acute insomnia. It was actually previously used as an anti-psychotic, so you know how potent it can be. There are numerous drug interactions for this medication and one of them are anti-depressants such as monoamine oxidase inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs). They are common medications that people may be on.

It gets my blood boiling when I see recommendations made by layman that know no better. Incidents like these may lead to unnecessary hospitalisations or visits to the GP, increasing the burden on our healthcare system. Leave the recommendations to their health professionals and let them do their job.

3. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

24 hrs is easy??? where do you buy your coffee?

4. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

Only last year When I worked in an extremely stressful environment, with very poor diet it was 10.30 pm to 0300 am every night for months. Finished up a train wreck, with two of my colleagues who kept the same pace actually burning out. (for real). Now I exercise every day and eat much much better..
    9.00 PM to 0430 am deep sleep and have never felt better.

5. JollyKillBill

JollyKillBill Member

Always changes, but generally 2 - 5 hours a night.

I get to sleep after 4 in the morning every night and am awake at 9 so 5 hours max, if i'm lucky. but the last few weeks have been horrid (bloody surgeries) i am getting a maximum of 3 hours a night (like tonight, if I can get to sleep right NOW [which won't happen] I would get ~3 hours) while all the time I'm awake my mind is going a million miles an hour, I cannot keep still for more then 5 mins and (surgery related) I cannot sit down, lay down (on my back or sides), bend over or lift heavy objects, I feel like a turtled turtle

@Scyb that is how I ended up in the hospital for 3 days, very severe reactions with existing meds

Off topic: did anyone else see the thing on 7 Early News about the youtube video about an American city in ruins over a Chinese missile or something, it was really weird, they only mentioned it really quickly and I couldn't find the remote to turn it up (bloody buttonless Telly's), also can't find it on youtube.

Sorry this post is kinda all over the place, best I can do ATM :lol:

First edit:
    I'm half with Lovey, i want to stay awake as long as possible but can't stay asleep for very long.

@Ozboy 24 hours is amazingly easy, I'm nearly there, just over 2 hours before i have passed it and all I have had today Is 3 cups of tea, no coffee, no coke, no caffeine other then those few cups of tea and I'm not really tired.

6. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

7. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker