Skeleton, Skulls

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by just me, Sep 17, 2016.

1. just me

just me Active Member Silver Stacker

Hey Stackers.

Now i have the stacking bug :D have seen there are a few coins with skulls and skeleton things along those lines.

like these.
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/27568_000.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

And the back of these.

http://www.perthbullion.com/shop/detail/theplanksco2/

I am in the middle of getting the Series of Dissent tougher

Any links or pics of pls post here.

Cheers Darren...

2. silverflash

silverflash Member

This might interest you Darren http://www.skullcoins.com/, In particular Lunar skulls and Zodiac if skulls are your thing.

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Skeletons and skulls seem to never go out of style....here's a few from SkullCoins, their Memento Mori series:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

I will stick to Eagles and Maples thanks!

OC

5. Acorn

Acorn Well-Known Member

I'm with you OC. I find these sorts of designs just plain fugly.

Regards

Acorn

6. Old Codger

Would not like to try and convince a person in the 'black' of the value of something that looks like a kids plaything.

JMO

OC

7. just me

Not to every ones taste.

My self i think they are nice, and have been looking at them.

As well as the lunar skulls ones.

Some of the silver zodiac there is a bit of a price diff between them and looks like they havent done all 12 only 8 show up.

Dose any one know if all 12 was done?

8. mmissinglink

Not all 12 designs have been completed/released.

And just so you are aware, there are 3 versions; silver, copper, and gold....each have a different reverse design.

These are much, much, much better than ASE's and Maple Leafs in my opinion.

9. just me

Yes that is one thing i noticed with the backs they where all diff.

I like em all but way outta my price range for the gold, the copper and silver on the other hand.

I know if i do go down the road of collecting them odds are i will never get my $ back if i was to sell.

They are very cool looking, and would collect the copper ones at least...

10. mmissinglink

There is nothing in life that one can buy and be assured that one can re-sell for a profit.

Many hundreds of millions perhaps even more than a billion ounces of blobs of silver (and spot play coins like recently issued ASE's) were likely purchased when spot was above USD $30. Do you think any of the people who purchased at those prices have made or will make a profit trying to sell then over the past few years or perhaps for many years to come? Who'd want to pay more than a spot play for blobs and coins that are minted in unlimited amounts? Not me and not virtually anyone I can think of. If spot remains well below $30, selling these silver products as a spot play would amount to anything but profit making.

On top of that, what's there to appreciate aesthetically about such spot play raw bullion products? Nothing at all in my view.

At least with numismatic or collector coins, since the mintage is significantly lower and sine the designs are virtually always considerably more aesthetically appealing, one could at least enjoy holding and looking at the numismatic/collector coins and get appreciation out of it. I have never once (and never will) get appreciation out of looking at the blobs and recently released ASE's I have purchased. Once they go in the SDB, they stay there indefinitely.

With the numismatic / collector coins, I have and will take them out periodically to admire them aesthetically....including my Memento Mori Lunar Skulls Zodiac coins. I get far more enrichment out of my "stack" than any stacker who buys only blobs and common bullion coins does. I will gladly pay high(er) premiums for this enrichment and take a chance that in the end, I might not make a profit re-selling them. If I purchased at a good price, I should at least break even were I needing to sell.

11. Old Codger

ML,

IMHO, G & S are certain to go to crazy levels, as they did in Germany 1923. There will be no 'norm' in 2020.

From $30 to maybe $300 in the near to medium term. Remember the German Mark went to Marks 100 TRILLION for one lousy ounce of Gold! That cancelled out roughly 17 months of hyperinflation!

(How many Venezuelan units does it cost to buy an AGE today?)

At $300, I would be more than happy to sell an ASE for $285 with no questions asked.

JMO

OC

12. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

OC, do you invest at in collectibles or do you simply buy ounces. Just curious. Thanks much. Sounds like you're playing the spot price of G&S. I agree with you about 2020. 100 trillion for 1 ounce gold = 1 ounce of gold buying a few loafs of bread. Lol. It's when a new currency gets instituted, and the old one wiped clean that our G&S make out like bandits, yes? It protected our purchasing power, but if we had them in dollars (as an example), we'd have nothing left, but Silver and Gold will be worth something in that new currency.

13. Old Codger

barsenault,

My strictly personal view is that ASE etc are the best form of preps for SHTF Day. I have no knowledge or experience in 'collectibles' in any form, and would get taken to the cleaners by a smarty in any trade. Some people, sellers and buyers, are good at it but I am not. I could not argue the point about the true market value of a "collectible".

They are recognizable, clearly denominated, and have a reputation. One ounce of silver or gold is easy to trade and negotiate.

I am accumulating and will NEVER sell until the post SHTF time has come after I have exhausted all other prep activities. The food is running low, and I need an item that is vital.

As for any new currency, i have no real idea of the effects of the new German 'Rentenmark', backed by government land and other assets (????), but is seems to have worked somehow.

...and if it all fails to eventuate, I can sell the lot at near spot!

THAT is my insurance policy!

OC

14. barsenault

Great insight OC. Makes total sense. I'm both a collectibles and stacker. Hopefully I benefit on both sides of the coin. :) Pun intended.

15. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Gawd you sure are gonna be disappointed when the s keeps not h-ing the f aren't you OC? You have the most ghoulish shtf preoccupation of anyone on here!

"Give me blood on the streets or give me death!"

16. barsenault

And hold me tender, where do you see the world in 2020? How do you prepare for the upcoming times? He's rolling his dice one way, and you another. Who is right? Time will tell.

17. just me

For me i looked at 3 things before i started to buy PM.

1st was my lads future, to have a lil something to leave him when it is my time and being on a pension silver and then gold where the most easy way for me to buy in amounts i can afford and slowly build up for him.

And some of the coins are awesome to look at like the ones above.

2nd If the shit dose hit the fan and all goes to hell for what ever reason i will have some PM to trade to keep going.

And lastly to flip some coins here and there and maybe make a lil $ on the way.

For the most part for my sons future...

18. Old Codger

I have the same attitude, but lump all the family members in the same team.

For me, it is ALL about survival! Not about being a zillionaire after it is all over, but I will not refuse $10,000 an ounce.

...and the non preppers can starve!

OC

19. Old Codger

One of my mottos,

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and NOT have it".

OC

20. Canadian Stacker

Canadian Stacker New Member

I like collecting, everyone has something that interests them be it ASEs or skulls. To me they are all "blobs", your fancy silver coins are not worth any more to me than a milk spotted Silver Maple but that's the fun of collecting, if it interests you and you like it then that's all that matters. As far as prepping goes I honestly think my food stores are a much better investment than silver at the moment, but as we all know that could change in the blink of an eye.