Silver to rise due to chip shortage & electric cars?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by TreasureHunter, Feb 11, 2021.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

During the pandemic, many chip manufacturers were overwhelmed with orders for chips used in electronics (laptops, monitors etc.) and were therefore unable to deliver car-destined chips.

The car industry is lacking those chips, so these chips will have to be compensated for, but the production of electric cars is also going to skyrocket in the coming 5-10 years.

I can imagine silver shooting up to several hundreds of dollars.

Some game consoles are becoming rare as well - I reckon this will happen to laptops and cellphones as well. They are becoming more expensive.

A more serious report from Reuters - chips are affecting cellphone, laptop producers, as well as car manufacturers.

If the industries will restart soon, I expect silver to get a massive push from the automotive-, electronics-, aeronautical- industries.

Remote working is also going to contribute to a rise of silver's price.

Let me guess: even more silver will be thrown out and only once it becomes scarce and very expensive, will people start to think about recycling it (just like in the case of palladium today and catalytic converters).

100 $ silver is very close.

500 $ silver will be close too, if the trends continue. And I think they will due to the electric car industry and the aeronautics industries.

"To the moon"? :D