Silver Spreadsheet Available Here!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by haveblue, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

Looks like a great program. Just starting out with a collection and didn't even think about keeping records like this. Makes sense, obviously:rolleyes:. PM sent

2. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

works pretty well except i didnt record what the exchange rate and spot price was when i bought stuff, but ill start now. hopefully shouldnt have too much of an effect.

3. silver dragon

silver dragon New Member

Thanks for the spread sheet haveblue. I have been playing around with it as much as I can to enable me to add my current stuff and it is all going ok. A few little hiccups but it does the job I wanted so well done.

Being able to add rows would be helpful. Ha Ha now I'm just planning on needing lots and lots of rows as my stack grows

4. Dirtbikepilot

Dirtbikepilot Active Member

Great stuff Haveblue, thanks. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into this and should be appropriately congratulated. Silver log 1.1 did not appear to update, spot prices stayed at $43 (just for info). Could well be my computer or me. Apart from that it works perfectly well. Silver log is spot on. Gives me all the info I feel I would need at this stage. Not hard to put the spot price in yourself, takes about 2 seconds. It is people like you offering something you spent so much time on to others for their benifit that makes this such a great site.

Great work and thanks heaps. Never could have done this myself.

5. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

Thanks for this Haveblue. Much appreciated.

6. haveblue

haveblue New Member

No problem, people help me out everyday on this site they just don't know it. I read and compare posts both in the silver and gold section to improve my own knowledge, so me sharing the spreadsheet is my way trying to help out I guess, cheers anyhow. You'll have to let me know if version 1.1 doesn't update the prices automatically, the master copy still updates so I don't know why your copy isn't.

7. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing, very helpful

8. haveblue

haveblue New Member

Hi all,
    I have just finished work on Silver Log 2.0. The main differences from version 1.0 is that fact that I have added 1000 rows, which should hopefully prevent anyone from running out of space to record entries. Also the headings at the top of the 1st sheet remain fixed so that when you scroll down those 1000 rows you don't forget what you're looking at.

[​IMG]

On the 2nd sheet I have added some new boxes as outlined below:

[​IMG]

You can find the 2nd sheet and your data summary by clicking on the 2nd tab at the bottom left hand corner of the screen

[​IMG]

Also all the headings are editable such as changing the name from "Your Silver Log" to "Haveblue's Silver Log" etc

[​IMG]

As with the first versions all the formulas remained locked so you can't edit them by mistake, and the formulas work out all of the information on the 2nd sheet automatically for you. The sheet also automatically updates the current price of silver from the Perth Mint website. Pretty much all you have to do is enter the spot price in $Aust and $US, how many oz's you brought, from where and when and that's it. The sheet will work out the rest for you.

Cheers
    HB.

9. LTEK4NZ

LTEK4NZ Member Silver Stacker

im looking for something like this for the live gold prices. any ideas?

10. haveblue

haveblue New Member

I've got a Gold spreadsheet that automatically updates the price if thats what you looking for,

Cheers,
    HB