Silver Shots as Investment

Discussion in 'Silver' started by jasonsantoso777, Oct 7, 2015.

1. jasonsantoso777

jasonsantoso777 New Member

Hello,

Is pure 0.999 silver shots / granules is a good type of investment besides silver bullion in the event of currency collapse or hyperinflation?

I live in Indonesia, where the silver premium for bullion is about 25-35% above the spot price, while the granules' premium are only about 5% above spot.

And usually when people wants to buy silver, do they prefer more to silver shots or custom-made bar?

Thanks

2. ninteno

ninteno Member

I have seen 5kg bags of silver granules in the coin shortage 2008.
    After market normalizes seen them never again as an investment offered by PM dealers

i would not even mind to invest in such a kind of silver

3. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Does the silver shot come with assayers certificate?

4. jasonsantoso777

jasonsantoso777 New Member

It depends. If you bought from reputable silver bullion companies, the answer is yes.

But if you bought it from local silver miners, no they don't. But you can still check whether the shots is real or fake by buying from local online store like Tokopedia. It's like Aliexpress.com in terms of online purchase process, so after the item has arrived you can check the shots is fake or not using water displacement test. If it is fake, then you can complaint to the seller and Tokopedia will refund the money to you because the money didn't go directly to seller when you make a purchase.

5. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Can buy various weights of bags of silver shot all day long at many of the larger dealers here in the US..

I even know of a few users / re-sellers of the stuff who break it down to even smaller bags for sale, like 1/2-oz & 1-oz. (At a marked-up premium, of course.)