silver losing its shine

Discussion in 'Silver' started by millededge, Nov 21, 2015.

1. millededge

millededge Active Member

http://www.mineweb.com/news/silver/silver-losing-its-shine/

2. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

As the shiniest most reflective material, all it needs is a quick polish and it will shine again just like the price.

Precious metals are heavily manipulated, so it price depends on a number of factors, all of these are out our control. The only thing we can do is buy/hold, trade or sell.

3. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

"Manipulated" LOL:)

4. randomname

randomname Member

take a look at the chart in the article below. (don't bother reading if you don't want to.) now... you tell me if that is a natural looking chart, especially at a time when more and more people are waking up to the global financial fraud and going to the safety of precious metals. the evidence is all around you - you just need to identify it as well as identify the mountains of disinformation (and agents) out there trying to blind you from the truth.

https://srsroccoreport.com/the-fed-balance-sheet-the-price-of-silver/

5. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

That chart is about as relevant to silver price as a chart comparing silver price to the amount of dog turds accumulating on my nature strip.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Silver may have lost its shine over the past several years but it's an industrial commodity and an investor asset....so it will shine again. Buy silver when it's priced low.

I like polished silver...it's shiny.

7. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I doubt any silver stackers will be jumping from tall buildings because of prices. However, I bet there will be fund managers and bankers jumping when stock/bond/derivative markets crash (again).

8. randomname

randomname Member

is that attempted disinformation or just utter stupidity? or humour perhaps?

central banks all over the world, western ones too, are buying as much gold as they can get their hands on. why do this, now and all throughout history? because gold and silver are REAL money, which is not affected in the same way as the fake paper currencies during times of crisis. they know this - better than you or me - they've been doing it longer than we have been alive. and the value of that real money has (until such gross manipulation began in precious metals) been DIRECTLY related to the amount of fiat currency printed and put into circulation. are you deliberately choosing not to acknowledge that link?

go ahead and keep comparing real money with dog turds. perhaps you should invest in turds, start a new craze on ebay.

9. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Don't be silly..

It's already established fact that everything tradeable -- from currencies to LIBOR to stock/share markets to gold -- is manipulated.

Except silver. They left that one alone.. :rolleyes:

10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

11. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks to the spectacular advances in recent decades, we now have golden parachutes and tax payer funded bailouts. Never again must financial speculators suffer from the consequences of their actions.

12. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

The only jumping I'll be doing is into the pickup that I'm backing up to the LCS.

13. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

Anything can be money, even dog turds. It is not the exclusive domain of gold and silver. All that matters is people have confidence when they trade with it.
    As for central banks all over the world buying as much gold as they could get their hands on......well they must have small hands because there is no shortage of physical in the market.
    Gold will not be money as it once was.
    Not all nations have used gold or silver as currency. It is not a panacea for all monetary problems. It has its pitfalls as do seashells, shrunken heads and whatever else is used as a medium of exchange.
    In a meltdown scenario, fake currency would be no worse than gold as a currency. It would be food that would become the currency of choice.

14. kramer

kramer Member

Shrunken heads are pretty sweet.

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Silver losing its shine

I don't think so if the currency you buy with is USD, but deffinitely shine taken-off for Aussies.

More likely folk are holding the reins and itching to buy, but when.

Folk who already have a bit of silver from previous years are probably waiting for a bottom and of course, some have the patience to wait for that time.

I think the price will go lower in USD but I also try to juggle the AUD vs USD exchange rate which will probably trend lower short to mid term.

The small rally in the AUD close to 73 may have given Aussies a small buying window at that higher rate.

I noticed on BM thread that his advertized bars didn't last too long, so folk are deffinitely buying on the dips.

More dips to come in USD spot "maybe" but the exchange rate "may" take the shine off silver.

Don't forget, while some folk say that silver is losing its shine they never say what type of silver; there's plenty of bullion coins that continue to attract a numismatic cap gain and of course the lower the AUD goes some folk will have a nice hedge.

16. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I dumped most of my stack at $34 after I re-analysed what I thought would happen before silver found its true value. All I have is some collectable stuff......btw anyone want to trade for transformer coin sets?

At $12 silver I have my powder still dry and plan to load back up heavily. Probably in the vicinity of 1000 ounces to start with. So bring on the slide, it's exactly what I've been waiting for.

17. clear

clear Well-Known Member

you the man...

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

19. FlashInThePan

FlashInThePan Member

The lower she goes, the more brilliant the shine :cool:

20. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

I accept what you say as factually correct.
    Above i was LOL(ing) that silver and metals alone are manipulated.
    Of course all things $$$$ related are manipulated , otherwise there would be no ups and downs and we would not make any money.