silver kuka from 1990-2010 collection

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by donkarnash, Dec 15, 2010.

1. donkarnash

donkarnash Member

HI,

I am thinking of getting the complete kuka collection from talismancoins.

can someone please tell me what is reverse proof ????

Also, has anyone bought from talismancoins ?? is it safe ??

http://www.talismancoins.com/servlet/Detail?no=1395

thanks

2. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Reverse proof is what Americans call uncirculated coins, or BU. I've bough from them before, no complaints.

3. Blockhead

Blockhead Active Member

reverse proof is just normal bullion coins, talisman are fine but you'll have to supply scans of your ID and credit card to process payment. Conditions imposed on them buy their payment vendor.

4. donkarnash

donkarnash Member

thanks for the reply guys......will get the kuka set now.....

5. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Thanks for the heads up on this deal, apparently the price goes up at the end of the month.

I had to grab myself a set, I figure at $42/coin shipped I wouldn't be able to build the set myself any cheaper than that.

They haven't asked for my ID yet. Did you get hit up for ID?

6. felix

felix New Member

i just bought 3 sets of kooks from talisman. i dealt with bob and he was great. he even rang from the usa to clarify a question about the order.
    it was $35 for express postage which i was able to track through usps all the way to the post office. the orders arrived within a week of him sending them
    and that was only a week ago. a word of caution. make sure if you are going to order more than 1 lot of kooks that you separate them to keep them under
    $1000. Also bob deals with a lot of canadian clients and he said they like to have "numismatics" included in the description to get them through their customs.
    i thought that that wouldnt do so well with aussie customs so i asked him to describe them as .999 silver bullion. they all arrived safely and he was really helpful
    to deal with.
    cheers felix

7. felix

felix New Member

the other thing i forgot to mention was that we didnt supply any id at all, we were never asked for it. also make sure he doesnt use the word 'proof' in his description of the goods.

8. SirMoz

SirMoz New Member

Strange, I've dealt with Bob before as well, explicitly instructing to say .999 silver bullion for shipments to Canada - I'm not sure why people would request "numismatic" to be listed. We have two hurdles to clear for imports: import duty, then sales tax. Bullion is exempt between US and CAN under the North American Free Trade Agreement so duty free and then like you folks in Oz, .999 gold/silver/platinum is GST (called HST - harmonized) exempt as well. I had only ever purchased from the US and Canada until a recent order from Perth a couple of weeks ago so I am interested in seeing how that comes through -- I have to think our sister commonwealth countries have quite friendly trade agreements.

Anyway, I like Talisman as I have always received solid service from them and they try to be inventive in the deals they offer (ala the kook set).

9. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Thanks for the shipping tips.

I had to submit ID and CC scan via email...I've blacked out all the numbers except the last 4 on my CC front & all the numbers on the back, hopefully Bob still accepts it. Otherwise I'll probably have to eat the paypal fees (presuming Bob will accept that, wasn't an option on checkout) or go without the coins. I'm not giving uncensored credit card scans to anyone.

If I get the order they'll be marking it ".999 Ag", since mentioning "silver" could temp mongrels.