Silver Kilo "V" Gold ozt Chart ?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Dynoman, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Does anyone know where one could locate or produce a chart depicting the historical comparison of Silver per kg V Gold per ozt ? I think it would make for an interesting comparison. I looked on Goldprice.org but can't see anything there.

2. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Get a data source of gold and silver prices and dump them into excel. Multiply the silver by 32.15 and divide the Gold ounce by the silver kilo. Plot. Not sure where you would get the data dump. I would reccomend doing an mt4 dump of prices. This would only give around the last 10 years or so maybe. Not sure where to go for a longer history. If you are interested I can do up a chart fairly quickly of this when I get home.

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

It will be exactly the same as a GSR chart - except that the scale on the Y axis will be divided by 32.15.

4. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Oh cheers Euphoria but I don't think I'm feeling like doing it tonight. I can feel a headache coming on :)

5. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

6. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Cheers, I got the csv dump off the Perth Mint & it eventually came out like this. Hist. spot since 2000. I think it's ok ? Could add a lot more data like the GSR line etc.

[​IMG]