Silver Investing - Going Against The Grain

Discussion in 'Silver' started by damien192x, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The problem with forums such as these are that you get a lot of positive reinforcement, "buy all you can get because when it goes mental you will be along for the ride"

This forum is actually quite balanced and some of the posters can bring you back to reality, even if that is somewhere you don't want to be.

Unfortunately both extremes, the people at home telling you to conform and the people here telling you that silver is the way forward, do not cancel each other out and leave you with sound advice. You still have a judgement call to make, and only you can make it.

Outsiders have problems in buying something they don't need on the basis that someone else who doesn't need it will buy it off you for more money than you paid for it. It goes against the whole "Work hard and you will be rewarded" ethos that I was brought up with. If I am going to buy something I may as well buy something that I need, like a sofa, it still costs a lot of money but I can at least sit on it, I might not get any money back on it but I can keep it for years and at least it will be something useful.

If you have problems trying to work out why other people can't understand your desire to stack silver, try this out for size....

Bamboo!

The crop of the future, it can be used for; food, clothing, construction, flooring, furniture, it can be found in kitchens, living rooms, bathroons any room in the house, you can find it at Crazy Clarks, Aldi's Bunnings, the local Market, high end kitchenware shops, high end furniture shops, it is everywhere!

It is one of the fastest growing plants in the world, it can be used pretty much anywhere that wood can be, it is resistant to pests and diseases, easy to process. It is available for cropping 4 years after planting as opposed to trees which can be decades.

for only 3500 you can buy in on this opportunity, a forestry company is selling clumps in Thailand, they grow the bamboo and in four years time they will start to harvest and will continue to harvest over the next 11 years, the net profit will be around 350%. Another South American company is selling investments in Bamoo from 18000 with profits of around 800% over the 15 years.

Would you like to invest in some bamboo in Thailand?

I have not taken the plunge yet, however everywhere I go I now see bamboo products, two years ago when I first heard of the investment, I saw chopsticks, that is all. No one I know has heard of the investment, and everyone thinks it would be mad to give my money to someone in a foreign country to grow something that they never use. Particularly as it would be four years before I saw any return.

However I have done the research and it looks sound, just can't commit that much money on what could be a big mistake. I might just go for it anyway, but you can see why trying to explain any strategy makes you sound like a nut job to others who only see banks and shares as the only source for investment!

2. zachary898

zachary898 Member

Wise choice damo!

I'm 21 myself and started investing in silver 7 months ago thanks to THUCYDIDES79 ;)

Some of my friends think im nuts as well, but after doing some research and have watched the silver price double since i started stacking is a great feeling!

Keep it up!

3. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

100% agree and have unplugged.....;)

4. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

They say advertising reinforces the decision you made to buy a product just as much as deciding what to buy.
    Silver Stackers is the advertising here. Whatever lead you to buy Silver, you still did it based on a gut feeling or research or whatever reason.
    The point is use SS as a form of positive reinforcement but also a way to keep in touch of what like minded people are doing.

You could buy a brand new 4wd that your family and friends will say is fantastic but the $50 - $70k you spent on it will drop straight away the minute you drive out of the car yard. So if you have done your research, don't try to prove to your family that Silver will increase, just say OK and quietly go about your own investments and learn as much as you can.

5. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

You're already going against the grain, that's a good start

When everyone is telling you not to do it, that's the time to get in.

When they all start agreeing with you, it's time to get out.

C

6. Turk

Turk Active Member

By investigating you show prudence

By asking these questions you show wisdom.

By stacking you show intelligence.

You don't need the confidence to trust yourself.

You already ARE trusting in yourself.

You just need to accept it!