Silver hits $26 overnight - have we seen the end of the dip?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by surferfc, May 17, 2012.

1. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

this is just how i see it but isnt the time to buy when everyone is holding off??? once the rush starts its too late ??

2. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

You NEVER commit 100% into a share, metal or investment. Always have cash at hand. Assuming you had NO silver and you wanted to add it to your portfolio, $26 would be a good entry point for 50% of your funds that you intend to allocated into silver. If it dropped to then like $20 you might consider 50% of your remaining 50% (ie 25% of what you started with) and so on.

And if silver takes off from $26 after you bought 50% to something like $40+ then of course you still have 50% of your cash left which you would then use for the next investment you had planned instead of more silver.

3. footycard

footycard New Member

I don't have enough silver yet so i'm happy to add as I go at this price, I wouldn't sell what i have even @ $100
    i'm happy to just keep it for what it is, the value to me means not much as i'm not in it for that at this stage.

I just wanna build my stack and the cheaper i can do that the better, but i'm not gonna wait as if it did go up then i'd be spewing as i don't have a lot and it would all be a lot more expensive to get.

when I started the other week I was happy with buying certain coins for $36 now I can buy them for $33
    beauty! it was cheap @ $36 to me.

so just now I bought some more, I got a roll of koala's with that bear privy for $673.40 & a silver eagle for $34.37 I'm happy with the prices, what do you think?

i'm not buying anymore though until these orders actually arrive, I don't feel comfortable until I get them in my hand.

4. footycard

footycard New Member

oh, the silver eagle is for my rollies, I have a roo, a koala and now a silver eagle loose so i can roll in my hands.
    kinda like my lucky charms, and I like the feel of rolling them, but two coins aren't enough, i think 3 would be the right feel.

be interesting to see how they look in a couple years, all scratched up, cool.

5. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

as long as you are happy nothing else matters , its funny when its "cheap" no one wants it then the frenzy starts and prices go up everyone wants it don't get that but anyway just keep adding long term it will be fun, but like i read on here someone say i will either be proven a bloody idiot or a genius :) so either way enjoy the ride :)

6. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

LOL

Please post more often.

7. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Hey, at least I am more honest than half the other posters here.
    But remember - since when is the market governed by rationality?
    Checkmate!

8. Nate1010

Nate1010 New Member

That is some good advice mate. Cheers.

9. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I think there maybe more bad news to come in Europe and JPM loss has yet to truly be declared so, I'm holding off a wee bit further till I dip back in. There was a time I said that at $38 and bought :mad:

I'm finding that by following forums (SS, Zerohedge, Hotcopper), permabull youtubers (so many to pick from), bloggers etc you can be caught up in this niche silverbull biased opinion and pull the trigger when you should have waited therefore, although I do like the input of certain SS'ers here on this forum I'm making my own mind up "in the moment" based on what I and only I think is a good time to buy. It's certainly hard to take a stand, draw a line in the sand and buy even if you think it's going to drop further...

This time, I'm not going to be influenced by dealers, others talking up the fact "oh, if you wait you won't get the shinny stuff" :eek: BS because my gut is telling me there are tons of the bling out there for us early adaptors. Just my opinion :cool:

So you ask when will it bottom ? who f$%#ing knows :/ I ask you who have you been listening to, reading or watching that has be spot on over the past 2 years? zilch! zero! zip! notta one ... I'm now forming the opinion that it's not going to the dizzy heights we were all lead to believe but $50 is tops perhaps? therefore if you are going to earn a buck in this game it's buy around the $20 mark hold and sell at maybe $35-40 walk away with a nice littler earner :cool: but you are not going to be paying off any house...

10. gbickle

gbickle Member

And more strength....Dow down .80% while Silver goes up 3%.....Looking strong so far

11. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

At what point did volatility become strength.

12. gbickle

gbickle Member

Strength, as in after it hit $26.75, Silver has risen about 5% during Asian, Europe, and now US trading where there were losses on all Markets. It shows that the support point I illustrated on the graph seems strong so far. We'll see :)..........

"So what next. Gold and silver must continue to diverge from stocks as a safe haven despite weaker economic news and troubles in Europe. I think that this is possible. "
    (From http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com.au/)

13. gbickle

gbickle Member

The bounce off the support line also marks a subtle divergence with Copper and Oil which shows Silver isn't being treated purely as a commodity.