Silver - bounce or rally time?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by finicky, Jun 26, 2012.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Nice little up kick here. up over $1

2. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You mean a kick in the nuts for those of little faith? hehe - oh here comes the flamming...

3. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

im not worried...still making regular semi small purchases...went to my LCS every day this week on my lunch break...i skip lunch to shop at the lcs!

and don't go by forum sentiment as nobody knows what is going to happen..we can only go off what happened in the past and other indicators but overall so many different aspects effect silvers spot price so its hard to pin down even for the pros.

4. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

steady, steady on;) ....I reckon now that it has bottomed with a new 26 line we may develop that as a base line instead of the usual 28 :/

5. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

its an endless line so it never bottoms or tops it just keeps going if i waited for it to bottom to buy i would never buy granted i would like to buy as cheap as i can nobody knows what that is i just buy when i have fiat and don't cry if it goes lower or higher, there is no logic to the men in black.

6. upandaway

upandaway Member

The error I feel presented time and again in a lot of the opinion here is that gold and silver trade in some sort of vacuum.

I'm also trying to work out (being a little slow) if the original post on 3 days of candle analysis being the basis of where silver heads next week was tongue in cheek. If it wasn't it sure should have been. If text book candle patterns worked, there would be a nice little app or programme for it and every amateur trader and his silver maple would be a millionaire.

I know it's a bit of a deviation, but these days you trade the central banks in the markets. Dollar has been down, and surprise surprise it floats all boats. Nothing new.

I'm waiting for lower of which I believe will be the final leg down, and missed the $26 and change which would still have been a nice price for a few bullion coins and been tempted. We've probably got another 10% or so to go so it's not the end of the world for anyone not wanting to risk it or has to have now I guess.

7. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

That's right, the difference between a theoretical 10% drop in buy price versus the upside potential is negligible. Well pointed out!

8. upandaway

upandaway Member

Correct Gino, however on a big purchase that is a lot of cash and extra ounces. If right of course.

9. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

For sure, it's an extra 10% ... theoretically. But hardly no one picks the exact bottom and you are only talking $2.70 per ounce.

For all anyone knows it could surge to $30 on Monday, never to look back.

10. Ghost Story

[​IMG]

please excuse my great art work :)

H= head

S=shoulder

B=bottom or down turn

so if i am using this as my buying guide best to wait a bit :D

11. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^
    No offence but lol

12. Ghost Story

none taken :)

only time will tell if i am off me rocker or not :D

1st H should have an S on it too :)

13. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

uuuuuuuum, LOVE THE ART WORK! :)

I'm guessing this pic was meant for this post?

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-27970-silver-charting-and-silver-ta-chat.html

Anyway, I'd be cautious of basing a trading strategy on this interpretation. I think you'd have trouble finding some one who would agree with you that this is a head and shoulders.

Head and shoulders is a reversal pattern for up trends. It forms in an up trend at the peak. Within the context of your indicated timeframe, silver is not in an up trend, and thus I'd be extremely careful in treating this pattern as H&S as indicated in your brilliant work of art.

Just my opinion.

14. Ghost Story

well like i read on here i will either be proven a bloody idiot or a bloody genius :)

don't need anyone to agree with me just put up what i seen if it sparks some debate then its a good thing and i am not giving out trading advice just got the crayons out :D i wanted to draw some lines too.

15. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As will all stackers .... by taking a trading position naked long in physical silver. :D
    Trouble is there is too much emotional attachment in being proven a genius on this forum IHMO.

Everyone should relax - who cares if we lose a bit of fiat? From what I've learned here fiat is worthless shyte and it ain't worth holding onto anyway. :p

16. Ghost Story

yeah i just buy stack sell when i have doubled or more or die and leave it in my will so no bother too me.

yes its funny how some people want to get it right all the time when in reality we are all getting it right if we are stacking for the reasons most are on here, i guess its like trying to pick the Melbourne cup winner can do all the form but once the race starts its a lottery and nobody knows 100%

17. Ghost Story

i still can not believe no body see this it predicted a 8 $ turn around to buy on a low.

i know you are all keeping it to yourselves now i get it :D

granted the other one i pointed out is a bit obscure but its taking shape for about a 22 $ low so i am going to put my money where my mouth is and wait for it :)

[​IMG]

18. JoelAG

JoelAG New Member

So I went and bought a small safe for my small stack. I was really excited about it, so I did the natural thing. I went and grabbed a few more ounces!

You know, I like buying on the weekends, the price doesn't move around. I bought last week and was real proud of myself for paying attention and guessing well and buying during one of the dips, but I could have easily felt like an idiot if the price dropped further. Weekend purchases take the emotion out of it, I am either happy with where the price is or not.

I am going to track my own buying and look back over it in the future and see how I personally trend :)

19. ironwood

ironwood Active Member Silver Stacker

uuuuuuuumm do you still think were gonna see that 22$ low? :D

20. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Nope, but have contingency plans for if it does... or doesn't