Silver as a gift?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Topherclaus, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Topherclaus

Topherclaus Active Member

Could be a cool thing to put aside with their parents for an 18th or 21st gift though? A silver 1oz from each year they've been alive might be a nice investment for them. And by that time hopefully we've been able to drum in the importance of investment.

2. silverbait

silverbait Active Member Silver Stacker

That's a good positive thinking. Yes what you will reap the rewards in the future definitely. It might boost up some interest in those kids for their own future. I wish someone told me and showed me pm s way before I was 33.

3. JNS

JNS Active Member Silver Stacker

When i am buying proof coins, i always get 3, these are for my 3 children. I discussed to them that they are for them to be keep and forget. I had already given them some of the modern local commemoratives issued by our central bank in terms of silver coins in set of 3. Recently, i ordered another 3 sets of proof gold and silver coins for them.

Christmas gifts are different, i do not like to put my obsession in this gift giving day to them, It will look obvious that i had a coin-bug lurking in my head. Last new years eve, my wife gave me 13 pcs new govt issued silver bullion. I was really surprised about her gift in silver form.

For other people, even relatives, no body knows we are keeping PMs, we do not offer gifts in this form. They know that i am just a normal coin and antique collector. :)