Shipping out of USA

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SeeD, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SeeD

SeeD New Member

I wonder why is it difficult to ship PM out of USA? Is it because of the custom issues ?

Asking because I have dealers telling me that they will not ship out of USA.

2. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have found shipping In & Out of the USA is getting harder and harder every year, I gave up a few years ago with the addition Security costs and Delays when shipping into the USA, also had stuff bounced back from Customs saying it contained PM's and they are not allowed to be sent.

3. Mr.G

Mr.G Member

This is an issue with the way the USPS interprets Australia Post policy.

Australia Post have a policy to not handle pm's - both domestic and international postal services. This policy has been communicated to the USPS whom inturn spout off that import pm to australia is prohibited. Which is BS.

There is a list of prohibited items provided by Australian customs and pm's are not listed. see http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page4369.asp

So if ever you have an issue with making an import just direct your supplier to the customs website to get the story straight.

The Australia Post policy does however still exist and it's therefore a 'use at your own risk' service.

Mr.G

4. Argentlust

Argentlust Active Member Silver Stacker

see maggie