Sending coins to USA

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by EasyCollective, Jan 17, 2013.

1. EasyCollective

EasyCollective New Member Silver Stacker

Hi forum,

I have a question, which I haven't been able to google the answer.

I have a relative that would like me to send him a couple of gold Sovereigns a 1915 and 1921, to him in the USA.

What would be the best method of shipping to the USA with tracking and insurance, is it through Austrlia Post.

He has sent coinage to myself from the USA using 'jewellry' or 'hobby supplies' on the declaration form, and uses either DHL, USPS, UPS or Fedex international.

However i am a bit confused as to what postal service to use in Australia when sending numismastics overseas to the USA.

2. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Just send it via Aust Post, use registered or pack and track, it sounds like you are sending medallions so use 'medallions' on the customs form.

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

AusPost is probably the easiest and cheapest for what you want to do. Used them this morning to send a 10oz to the US via Registered. Your Sovs will be fine with them once they're packaged up very well.

I put bullion down as 'metal casting' or 'metal sample' as they won't insure bullion. 'Medallion' would be fine in your case.

4. EasyCollective

EasyCollective New Member Silver Stacker

Thanks guys, metal casting/sample and medallion, what an creative way to fill out a customs for Thanks guys