[SELL] MELB NGC/NCC 2004 Beijing Expo Panda MS69 with box / COA

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by digoxin, May 18, 2012.

1. digoxin

digoxin Member Silver Stacker

One of my favourite pandas. The gold plating on the temple side takes it to the next level. I am selling up to 4 of the 9 slabbed pandas displayed on the photo below. Each one comes with an original box and COA in excellent condition. They were recently sent to NCC for conservation and then NGC for grading. These are beautiful crafted and have great eye appeal.

Asking for $230 aud. Happy to do F2F in Melbourne but otherwise registered post or platinum post at actual cost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. digoxin

One sold pending payment. 3 still available.

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow! Very nice collection there :)

4. digoxin

Yennus thanks. The OMP one is yours from earlier this year. It is my imaginary MS70. Not submitting that one.

5. yennus

Good timing on your grading too... BeiJing Expo Pandas are in hot demand, even during this low silver season :)

6. digoxin

Bump.

One sold. Three still available.

7. yennus

Did you get any MS70s? :)

8. digoxin

The whole sheet scored MS69. I bought the sheet from musemellow just after I bought the single one from you.
    The 2004 expo looks super hard to score a MS70. Only 11 so far and I think it has something to do with gold plating/gilding

I must say they all look super clean and have great detail. If anything it looks just as good as a MS70 2004 S10Y Panda that I have.

I was having a really close look at all the 2004 expo coins over the weekend under 5-10 magnification. Around the inner ring of the temple side of the coin where the gold plating starts there is most slight unevenness with the gold plating. Almost like a speck of gold that did not bond as well. Definitely not visible to the naked eye and even under high magnification only at certain angles of viewing. Anyway that is the only reason I can find to justify it falling short of a 70.

I remember reading somewhere that the gold plating was a fault that China Mint was working on making perfect.

9. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

Gold plating sure was a problem for the mint especially in the earlier years 1998 a good amount of coins have been graded 190 something, zero 70,s AND about 40% of those graded 68 or below. IMHO this is the toughest expo coin to grade ,I had an opportunity to look at over 220 coins in sheet form (22) ALL OF THEM had easily distiguishable 68,s or lower grade coins in them , I have 10 coins at NCS now, picked out of 20 I bought,I am hoping for 50% 69,s back, this is why you see so many capsule coins on e bay ,they are cheap but for sure grading rejects:) if you can buy a ms 69 under 600.00 you should do so IMHO.
    1999 it gets a little better(not really:) 410 coins graded 1 ms 70 about 60% of the 410 graded 69 and almost everything out on the market picked over many times , ,Tamo had some really good quality coins for sale ( I bought some) I am not trying to rain on anyone,s Parade but anyone thinking they can buy 1 coin send it to NGC and have it grade 69 might be dissappointed or very lucky :) it is almost a coin toss:) heads you win, tails you lose:) And Tamo,s group of 99,s he was selling where the best I have seen in a long time! anyone buying a capsule coin in either of these years on Ebay rest assured it has either been cracked out of a slab because of low grade or culled . Digoxin,s 2004 conserved 69,s are a deal IMHO , I have 2 for my collection or i would be a buyer.

10. yennus

When the Pandamonium kicks off, I'm sure even the MS68s will do well :)

11. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

Yes sir Yennus ........... I agree , I am trying to hoard............ I sold a few 1999 expo ms68 to help with the nasty NGC bill ...........I really hate selling in a sloppy market:) ,but cash flow is cash flow:):) cheers

12. digoxin

Another one has sold.

2 still available.