Screw it for me on Crypto stuff

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by boneyard, Jan 24, 2014.

1. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hope all are well.

Here is my crypto manifest..................

Got myself a bitcoin wallet thru electrum.

Found someone in Hobart who may be willing to f2f for trrade PM for BTC

Thanks to the SS members who helped me on this path.

Got to know about all the other crypto stuff.

Got onto dogecoin wallet thru two sites.

Remembered passcodes and other details needed.

Backup files in paper and other sources etc.

Was sent dome dogecoins from kind SS members.

Even given a code to drink fro a faucet for coins.

The last two days have been sign up usernames, passwords, seeds, new websites, messages back and
    forth.

Got of my Samsung android to central command post to back up computer with new data, downloads etc.

For me and where I am on the journey along the path ahead .............................

Full time work ( which I FULLY enjoy and would not call work, but pleasure).

To come home and then spend quality free/ family time trying to look at a screen and try not to get the S*&$ts about who contorls me or Do I control the machine? to (which I do at work).

When I should / could be tending the veggies or greeting new neighbours or reading the books that I love, tending to the needs/wants of family/pets.

Ok,.................Home arond 5-5.30.

Dinner around 6.6-30.

chat with family. wash up, drink wine 7-8

Time online to play crypto ?????????

Rather read a good book without the online trauma......................

Crypto DOES HAVE ITS PLACE in the scheme of things, but not for me.

I now have a BTC wallet that I will keep an eye on while I enjoy my reality.

So spoken by a person who is employed full time with wife & kids & pets & other stuff.......................

Looking forward to any comments.

The last two days of crypto have been interesting in knowing what & where my life is.

2. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well, I think we all agree there is a learning curve, no doubt!
    Even for rather tech sav.vy persons, crypto is not exactly easy to wrap their heads around.
    However, like using a computer, once you know the basics, that's it there isn't much more to learn.
    As we move forward, this will become a lot easier, just like operating systems have evolve. At this stage, you still have to be willing to put the effort in to learn the stuff.
    It looks like you have done it, and good on you! You might have "sacrificed" 2 days, but you have learned something new and now you know what this is about.
    My personal view is that it's worth spending 2 evenings to learn, but each to their own!
    At the end of the day, as it is now, getting a decent understanding of bitcoin requires to sit down for half a day to a day to do the initial learning. This might depend on your computer abilities & understanding.

Good on you and I hope you get to sit back now and enjoy keeping an eye on something very new you have taken the time to learn :) - not many people find the resources to learn new things, especially in topics they are not very comfortable with.

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Probably not a bad analogy to viewing Bitcoin today like TCP/IP was in the 80s.

This post brought to you by TCP/IP :)

4. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He came he saw, He said screw that shit, I'm having a BBQ with the FAMILY.

Big thumbs up for giving it a twirl at least M8 and acknowledging that they do have a place in the world. A lot more than what I did first time round.

5. Silver Octopus

Silver Octopus Member

Totally agree. I agree with the principles but its not for me (right now)

Ive only had the BTC for a few days and spent most of that time trying to get rid of it.

Seems no one on here wants to trade for it, so I might just empty the wallet through coinjar and get back to stacking.

6. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

Count yourself lucky, boneyard. Things are a lot easier now than they were in the past (just compare the early internet days to now).
    Risk is involved as always - govts/banksters/hackers/fraudsters yada.. yadamind your stepnew "disruptive technology" coming through!!!!!!! (and bitcoin has been in a massive bubble for some years now - believe it or not).
    Crypto-currencies will never be for everyone (it is a choice). You are no longer paying a banker fees to look after your currency.so you have some work to do I'm afraid. No free lunch.
    What do you want out of crypto-currencies?. More bread for your AUDs only?. For some others there is more to it than that (and this includes myself - I see potential beyond 'more bread for me').
    Many people have now dedicated their lives to and careers to various aspects of this new technology. This dedication is making it easier for more people to adopt the technology.things are improving.
    I devoted quite a few hours yesterday, to making and editing the video on the Electrum Wallet. Why?.because I know how difficult it is as a non-tech person to navigate this stuff. I've had plenty of frustration myself.
    If I were you, I'd forget about your crypto-currencies for a while. Spend some time this winter having a further lookor something when you find some time. :)
    Enjoy.LoB.

7. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the insightful replies.

I have gathered knowledge about crypto with which I can gladly go forth into my future and be empowered to inform those who seek.

knowledge is power.

and once again, thanks HEAPS to the vast network of knowledge
    on this forum.