Scottsdale Silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by HOWUDN, Jan 21, 2014.

1. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

Hey all

Just a quick question what is your opinion on Scottsdale Silver is it worth it or better sticking to Perth Mint and the likes?

Cheers

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Depends. Want more ounces? Buy PM. Want sexy Stackers or pretty designs, pay a little extra premium and buy Scottsdale. Both sell well so can't go too wrong with either, lot of fans of both on here.

I prefer Scottsdale in general as generic bullion doesn't really do it for me. Have always gotten the premium back when I've sold

3. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As long as you don't pay ridiculous premium for it :D

4. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

so what's the difference if you buy the generic bars and get back the small premium when you sell or buy fancy stuff and get back the high premium when you sell? Wouldn't there be more to gain from having more oz's during an increase in spot price over hoping for an increase in premium? Low premium means more oz's for the same outlay. If spot goes up i'd rather have more oz's. Is there some risk offset with high premium when spot goes down?

5. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

More ozs for your dollars buying low premium = more return when spot is up

6. SilverKendo

SilverKendo New Member

I had this debate a few weeks ago with myself. I really liked the look of the Omnia rounds. My buying plan is to buy bullion coins not rounds. I bought one of the Omnias just to see what it is like. I bought three more the next day. I really love this round, as much as some of the coins I have!

7. miniroo

miniroo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I prefer scottsdale bullion to any other generic brands, they have such a good range to suit everyone.

they got fractionals, rounds, squares, bars of all kinds and sizes, there's many collectors and scottsdale
    change up their designs so there's always many catching up, unlike semi numi's where I think most newbies
    start at the moment and take it forward from there, doesn't help when you want to sell your older stuff.

I think new stackers with the average spend should stick with generic brands like scottsdale and get as much bang for your hard earned buck as you can.

It might help you not get distracted with the collectables hooplah. coins may well be collectable but so are a million other things, like pez and beer cans or one of them cricket bats they put out with every test series, if it says limited it means limited interest, they need to put a production number on it to make it appear "collectable"

if it's omnia's you like, keep stacking 'em, don't get sucked into the range of oddball junk with fancy pictures or silly theme's like zombies and political mumbo jumbo, if you like pictures just save 'em on your pc and scroll through them at your leisure, you can have everything then.

At the end of the day, if you need to get rid of your stack, like quick, you can kiss any premium or limited mintage goodbye,
    that 1/5000 privy from the 2011 yakandandah coin show means bugger all then mate.

if you just get 1 oz of silver extra in 20, then you have 21 oz, not 20 oz, simple really.