Scottsdale Silver Orders

Discussion in 'Silver' started by vaunt, Jan 19, 2011.

1. vaunt

vaunt Member Silver Stacker

I wanted to let you guys know that I received my Scottsdale silver order today. Interestingly, they included a printout of the GST exemption commentary quoting Section 40-100 in the GST Act, definition of the term 'precious metal' as defined in section 195-1 and extracts of the GSTR 2003/10. At the bottom of the page they have Input Tax = 0%. I guess the Scottsdale guys are trying their best to make it easier on our end.

I have kept my orders with Scottsdale below $1,000 because I read in these forums that FedEx (who ship Scottsdale products) asked for the GST to be paid regardless and asked you seek a private ruling from the ATO. Don't know if this is still the case.

Has anyone ordered more $1000 from Scottsdale recently and would like to share their experience with FedEx?

If it is a pain to deal with, then I will stick with below $1000 orders. From previous posts I read the process with UPS is more straight forward (ie. sign and return a GST exemption form).

Thanks!

2. lakesentrance

lakesentrance Member

What sort of postage fees do they apply? I assume they're in the US, must be pretty steep for 10/20oz bars ...?

3. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Just been through this very process with UPS today for bullion - they email a Word doc, you print and sign the form, scan & email it. Cost $66 processing fee (normal for any import regardless of type) payable by credit card over phone.

4. sammich

sammich New Member

this was from late nov 2010. i know that the postage has gone up a bit since:

30oz- $50
    50oz- $75
    60oz- $85
    70oz- $93

edit: prices includes insurance + signature on delivery

5. vaunt

vaunt Member Silver Stacker

Goldpelican,

Thanks for sharing that info. I have ordered from APMEX recently and have a better idea now what to expect from UPS.

Lakesentrance,

It costs USD $45 for shipping up to 30oz. I have not gone above that yet so not sure about the shipping past that point. That's why I am curious to see if anyone has ordered above the $1,000 limit recently.

6. dross

dross Active Member

Vaunt i recently received an order for under $1,000 from scottsdale, no problems at all, shipping for 30 oz was $40.00 via FedEx.

The only problem was i didn't read the full item description for the 1 Oz Bars that they have on special (free delivery USA only). If you read the full description it say they will send mixed 1 oz items of their choice not only their bars.

Communication was good, prices far & delivery (other than the 2 weeks which they advertise) very smooth.

7. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I sent them an email over 24hrs ago to place an order and have yet to hear back from them. I gave them all my details and waiting for them to send the invoice so i can pay.

starting to get a bit peed off...

8. El Bullion

El Bullion New Member Silver Stacker

I sent them an email 1 week ago, and still haven't received a response. I'm not upset as I can just take my business elsewhere.

9. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

good news they processed my order and because of the delay i was able to get the coins at a cheaper price :D

only wish the AUS dollar stayed strong and i would of got it alot more cheaper