scammers selling fake gold fake gold coins new york new jersey area

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by garcoininc, Feb 5, 2011.

1. garcoininc

garcoininc New Member

I'm a dealer in New Jersey. We've been hit with a rash of people ,usually fake new york state licenses trying to sell fake certified gold coins, fake gold jewelry, old fake rare Us coins etc. We usually don't fget stuck but they get us once in a while. Here is a general description and modus operandi of the suspects. White or Spanish males aged 20-40. Some are fast talkers. They have had fake certified chinese pandas, fake white and yellow gold jewelry. They often appear out of nowhere, even though we have a parking lot next to our store, They sometimes have expensive fake watches, There are internet sites that are very helpful in dealing with info on these. They have been known to shave 100 oz. siler bars down to 85 ounces. I would like to post pictures and videos of the scammers on the internt, does anyone else want to share about these folks??

2. jozk

jozk Member

I was at a coin dealer today he said there are fake perth mint gold bars 1 oz doing the rounds,they are 9 carat inside.He said you would not knew they are the right weight.

3. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Welcome garcoininc

Thanks for the heads up warning.

This is the beauty of 66 50c coins.

I add to my stack VERY carefully.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have heard someone at one of those gold buying stalls say that there are fake PM gold Securicard bars around too. I seriously doubt it.

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

What laws are counterfeiters breaking? Obviously copyright law RE company trademarks, but what others? Is there laws against stamping a piece of aluminium with .999 fine silver?

6. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fraud is a crime in Australia. I doubt that it is a crime (apart from copyright breaches) to physically make a fake PM bar, but the instant that you attempt pass it off as the real thing then you are committing fraud and you are breaking the law in a big way.

7. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For Australian coins, probably the Currency Act 1965 and/or the Crimes (Currency) Act 1981 and/or any one of a dozen other laws depending on what the counterfeiter does with the counterfeit products.

8. Ageo

Ageo Member

Plenty of 22ct necklaces and bangles that are going around which are completley fake.... ill post some pics up tomorrow.

9. jozk

jozk Member

They say it's a novelty paper weight door stop.It's a different story with coins,once you produce a copy without copy etc stamped on it you've broken the law