SBSS Silver Bullet Silver Shield sucks

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by mydearas, Mar 14, 2016.

1. mydearas

mydearas New Member

Sorry I have a rant to post. I bought over 100 SBSS rounds. Recently tried to sell some to buy a car for my son and had several auctions removed with bids due to trademark disputes. These rounds are now worthless. I tried to sell Free Reign and Debt and Death 5oz rounds and had my auctions pulled twice with bids in them. I have now had my eBay account frozen with 580 positive feedbacks. I'm fed up. Screw these guys, pardon my French. I don't care about their petty arguments. Sorry just need to voice my opinion. Don't buy SBSS. You'll be stuck with their rounds. I tried to copy and paste an email from eBay but couldn't. SBSS is not a supporter of individuals rights even though they use ideas such as those to try and sell their rounds.

2. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

I don't get how that would be trademark dispute.. Can a company have exclusive rights to sell a product on ebay??
    WTF..
    Makes me want to list some on eBay just to see what happens.

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

There's 75 D&D rounds on eBay at the moment. Copy the email to here, I'd be interested in seeing what they wrote.

4. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

That case was about production of the rounds and who owned the right to use the dies.. Not selling them on the second hand market.. It makes no sense.. Unless they believe the Coins are fakes maybe?? But since when has eBay cared about fake silver??

5. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not saying you did, but did you "cut and paste" details into your listing from somewhere else or someones else ebay listing?

6. mydearas

mydearas New Member

I can't figure out how to add images, but here is one email about my selling privileges being revoked because of this. Keep in mind I have over 580 positive feedbacks, have been an eBay seller for we'll over 10yrs, don't get me started on them.

Hello fast4less,

After reviewing your eBay account, we've taken the following actions:
    - Selling privileges have been temporarily restricted.You won't be able to list new items or revise current listings for7 days.
    - Violating listings have been removed. A list of items that were removed can be viewed at the bottom of this message.
    - We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
    Your listing was removed after the rights owner reported it as counterfeit. We urge you to contact the rights owner directly for more information about why they requested the removal of your listing and whether you can relist the item.

For more information on our VeRO program, please visit:
    http://pages.ebay.com/vero/infoforusers.html

If you have more questions, contact our policy experts:
    http://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/cusr?query=1337&=PTB1211

During this restriction you can still:
    - Send email
    - Obtain shipping addresses
    - Leave Feedback
    - Perform other administrative tasks

After7 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, please be sure your current and future listings follow these guidelines, keeping in mind that additional violations could result in the suspension of your account.

The rights owner or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner, Silver Shield Group LLC, notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law.

We encourage you to contact Silver Shield Group LLC directly if you have any questions.

You can send an email to:
    [email protected]

For more information on how eBay protects Intellectual Property, or for additional information if you believe that your listing has been removed as a result of an error or misidentification, please visit the following Help page:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/programs-vero-ov.html

Here are the listings that were removed:
    231875643434 - RARE Ag47 Silver Bullet Silver Shield 1oz Silver round in air tight
    331801419562 - RARE Debt and Death 5oz Proof Silver Bullet Silver Shield in coffin box COA #447
    331801421576 - 2013 RARE Free Reign Graded Proof Silver Bullet Silver Shield 1oz round!

We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay

7. mydearas

mydearas New Member

No I didn't cut and paste anything into my auctions. My descriptions were simple and to the point. I emailed the email address I received in the above post nicely twice waited a few days, then got nasty after I realized the cowards weren't going to reply. Like I said, I'm done with them. The last email I sent I told them I was going to war. Just started a Facebook group called Silver Bullet Silver Shield Sucks, haha. Feel free to join it. It promises to not be very impressive just like the new SBSS coin designs.

So I bought the Debt and Death 5oz coins at the height of Silver craziness for between $900-1100 each in eBay, yes I was an idiot. Now they may as well be paperweights. Oh and to answer the question above, I sold two Debt and Death 1oz coins no problem, my auctions for the 5oz' were taken off.

8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Surely the real sbss doesn't use a yahoo address?

Edit: I was wrong it seem it's the right address

9. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

I'm wondering if you are running into some of the fallout from the trademark dispute. If you do a google search for "sbss ebay counterfeit" there is a cached link to a post by Chris where he is talking about aggressively going after the counterfeits on ebay that were made by the people he was in the dispute with. The link is: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...read-on.me/?p=33160+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

10. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

In my experience with eBay and reading the above link from 'jcanuck' you will probably find that eBay won't spend much time looking into the specifics they will just auto-ban listings with some key words and any listing reported by the VeRO snitches, oh I mean the VeRO members.

11. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

why would you counterfeit them? They are rubbish quality low prem coins...

you are allowed to sell second hand coins on ebay, they dont hold a monopoly on all coins being sold.... That's ridiculous.. So what they cant be sold here either?

That's enough to make me list the ones I have really cheap just to get people to read this story in description, that will fuck him

12. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

actually, upon reflection i'm too worried to shed light on this.

I don't want to be threatened with legal action, but you are indeed not allowed to sell some SBSS rounds. It makes no difference that they are legitimate 999 silver, it makes no difference that you may not know why you can't resell.

I would stress to anyone who is tempted to explain why, don't mention names coupled with accusations - even if you think what they are doing is completely unjust.

13. milkyspot

milkyspot Member

Lesson learnt? Don't buy random fancy crap from eBay. If you had stuck to maples or krugers there would have not been a problem.

And put your stuff on Craigslist.

14. SilverFox

SilverFox New Member

That sounds boring. I think understanding risks and doing proper research might be a better answer. However, even with research things happen, sometimes unfortunately like this. I only buy rounds that have a certain appeal, i'll leave the maples for you. Also there is nothing wrong with eBay if you buy from reputable members and again do your research. With the amount of fakes out there things happen. Just purchased a coin recently, but found out it was fake by checking it as I do with all coins/rounds/etc. I returned it, they were highly embarrassed (the first time I have received a fake from them after many years of purchasing it). Just be careful regardless of source, be especially smart on eBay but wouldn't stray away from there. One final note, they do make fakes of EVERYTHING now days. Good luck and keep stacking.

15. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

The irony is so many Panda/Morgan fakes don't get pulled for legit gov't products and this SBSS round is actively pursuing and removing counterfeits that are semi-legit.. lol..

16. milkyspot

milkyspot Member

Ps: Post your story into every forum( rededit silverbugs ect.) and under every YouTube video containing those washers and politely explaining the problem.

Maximum impact.

17. didgydont

didgydont New Member

Does anybody know were I can find list of the coins we can't sell?

18. didgydont

didgydont New Member

That's messed up. Might have to start selling our silver and gold on silk road 2.0 or what ever is being used now. Not too sure if we would be breaking any Australian law in doing so ?

19. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Sell it here

Horrie likes this.