SBSS series suspended.

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by iceblue, Mar 11, 2013.

1. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

Yes want to complete mine also, however they dont seem to be addressing the quality issue, which is more the point, yeah we have 4 new rounds coming out - but nothing is being said about how they will tackle the quality issue.
    They know there is an issue, replacing the bins they drop into would be a great start.

2. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for those numbers. That was my point, how can you forecast for a business where one year's sales is almost 4 times higher than the previous year. I have sympathy for SBSS as they probably didn't expect the sort of response they got as their designs are quite out there (which I why I used them as an example, showing that there are substantial niches out there that if we don't service we'll be left behind). Only problem is it seems instead of retaining quality and taking heat by restricting quantities and/or major delays, it seems they went for quantity at expense of quality.

3. iceblue

The Perth mint cant service this niche, if you could you would have been given some 9000oz to custom mint for us.

Yes, quantity over quality, big cash turnover.

4. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Okey dokey then, your still trying to compare yourself to a first time producer, noticed you avoided that part of my post, another tell tale sign of a week argument me thinks. :/

5. bron suchecki

bron suchecki Active Member Silver Stacker

The volume of the limited mintage products versus volume of non limited products sold is low.

Sales are related to the gold price, which is not forecastable.

Again, that is only for limited mintage products which were not the cause of not being able to meet demand for non liminted products.

You are missing the point of relativities. For example, you can compare the achievements of weightlifters of different body weights, even though they lifted different weights. Big mint whos sales go from 233,000 to 900,000 is the same problem as a small mint who sales jump from 23,300 to 90,000.

6. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Hmm, relative huh?
    Well if one weight lifter in your example had been practicing for 112 years, had multi layers of manager and CEO's and was backed by a government and the other weightlifter had 6 months in the game with a first time trainer then I guess SBSS and Perth Mint acheivments are able to be compared, 'relativley speaking'.

7. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

younger one will not have joints problems.

:lol:

old mint will have some spare parts issue ??

8. mrpigbenis

mrpigbenis New Member

Yes I am also a new stacker about 18 months of stacking. I personally only buy Norfed rounds but now I am buying these SBSS rounds.
    I am not waiting for the STHTF like many on here or for silver to hit $100, I just like the way silver looks and feels and the history behind it as a currency.
    Even if silver bottoms out to $1 an oz I will still love my norfeds for the beauty and the story behind them.

9. silverlining333

silverlining333 Active Member Silver Stacker

BUY - Silver Bullet Silver Shield coins - if you want a unique design with a message of truth , limited mintage , quality is improving . He has big name people getting on board that will propel the SBSS brand and message alot further. Support the small business guy trying to get the silver message out there.

BUY - other coins that have no message but a old ugly tart thats invaded 80% of the world and caused more pain and death than nearly anyone else on the planet , or coins with animals - nice , support your government mint

I like all silver and i like to support the little guy having a go

10. Wilty

Wilty Member

Big name people, so not the little guy anymore?

The bloke has absolutely no ethics otherwise quality control would never have been an issue. This isn't some complicated piece of tech where issues are often found months later, you pick up a coin and its staring straight back at you.

That you've chosen to ignore/forgive is fine but you've been clouded by a message that isn't supported by actions. Message of truth - make crap - send it out - profit (fingers crossed). Would you buy a new car (or anything else) with dents and gouges at full price??

Ugly old tart lol since she's been the head of the household most of the pain and suffering has been lead by the USA with the UK and Aus capitulating to their masters will.

11. iceblue

Not the little guy anymore.
    Not limited mintage, they run the mintage for a limited TIME.
    Couple of the big boys could buy 50,000oz in one shot providing it is within the time frame.
    Quality improving? big call since they have been shut down for 3-4 weeks, you must have a specimen there which reflects this improvement in quality you speak of?
    Damn straight I will support our Government mint,-
    Consistent quality
    Jobs for Australians
    Cash stays in Australia
    1st Class products all the time, every time, and still deal with them at local level.
    We may not like remints, privvys or cute, furry and feathered, however the market for it is not small by any means.

12. Bmwzippy

Bmwzippy New Member

New Redoubt and Come and Take Them medallions from SBSS!

[​IMG]

13. Wilty

Wilty Member

Showing support for the kids in Newtown and 3000+ others since that day, classy stuff..

14. iceblue

They can JAM them.

15. zlatibor

zlatibor Member

Must say I'm not a big fan of the new designs, unfortunately :-/

16. iceblue

First 4 coins attracted a Global market, these obviously wont.

17. Wilty

Wilty Member

Won't even appeal to the wider local market, as 90% want stricter laws. This is targeted specifically at those that show up at rallies organised by Mothers protesting gun violence with machine guns thinking its a valid form of discourse.

Anyway need to stop looking at anymore content relating to this wingnut as its a disappointment.

18. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:( they allready took our semi auto's from us

I am going to buy stome still as my silver is currently lock up next to my guns :D

19. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

If its got that awesome looking silver shield on the back the I will buy at least one

20. iceblue

That shield is awesome, the detail fantastic and looks wicked with a nice deep strike. They done well there.
    These new designs is where the lust for the series will fade outside the USA.
    End of the line for us.