Sale - Tube of 2012 Canada Maple leaf (25x) [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by brisbane-coins, Jan 2, 2019.

1. brisbane-coins

brisbane-coins Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One Tube of 2012 CANADA MAPLE LEAF 9999 1 oz SILVER BULLION COINS

Excellent condition. Check the photos.
    s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

Price: $650 Posted Express within Australia or $638 F2F Brisbane CBD

Attached Files:

2. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Man my 2012 maples have a lot of milk spots. You got lucky with yours!

brisbane-coins likes this.
  3. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

I would do $595 aud incl shipping to usa. PM if interested.

4. brisbane-coins

C'mon, man. Really?

No, please.

Bullion_ron, Lord_Dudley, pi and 4 others like this.
  5. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Stop posting low ball offers in sales threads - it's disrespectful and doing your image no good

If you want to make an offer (or see if the seller would even ship to USA in the first place - this is the AU/NZ sales forum after all), then send a private message

6. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

Disrespectful? You don't have to try to be the forum grandpa. You are interjecting yourself into a thread that does not even involve you as an internet toughguy with abrasive imperative statements... when you are neither a seller or potential buyer. Read the guideline posts. Quit trying to be a moderator (who would know the rules, and likely PM if there was a real issue).

Sellers can write "firm price" if they so wish... and offers would be unwelcome in that scenario. An offer to prices listed with no detail or clearly stating they accept offers is not wrong at all.

Simple econ says sellers should be happy to have any offers. It gives them a selling option, and it creates a possible outbidding situation among buyers. Nobody is forcing them to accept any offer (or even respond).

I just posted what I'd pay for maples right now (spot +$1 USD). His choice... posting is faster and easier for me than PM.

...as an aside, I don't think these are sold yet.

7. Soprano16

Grandpa? Toughguy? Haha :D

I'm interjecting because you're a repeat offender. I don't need to be a moderator to call you out for being an annoying low-baller, and all the likes my post received clearly shows that as a community we don't want to see crap like that.

You have done ZERO trades on this forum, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Sellers don't need to write "firm price" or anything else. An asking price is listed, and if you wish to purchase you "buzz"

If you feel as though you'd like to make an offer, then you PM. That's "the rules", despite what you think they are

Anyway, @brisbane-coins I'm terribly sorry for sidetracking your thread. Good Luck with the sale :)

yuripuka and barneyrubble like this.
  8. brisbane-coins

@SlyGuy This is forum, people discuss, help each other with information and guidance. We all know what is the fair price of what. Nobody tries to scam here, because people are experienced about metal here. The offer you put was just spot + post to USA. These coins are low premium coins but not for spot selling. You know that if you know metals. So, offering this kind of low-ball is dis-respectful. Also, you should not offer this low ball price in the sale tread, because this mislead potential buyer. I know I put the price a little bit more than the usual price only because I see that the spot is rising and I want to catch that. Honestly we all know what is the current fair price of these. Offer is always welcome, but make it fair.

Also, as I said this is a forum. We like people who help with information, guidance and discussion. So, in that sense, we like the "Grandpa". :)

9. Ivykoin

Ivykoin Active Member Silver Stacker

New to stacking. Inexperienced with metals and beginning to understand fair price. This thread has been very educational.
    Soprano16 - have read a few of your threds, love your work.
    Wishing you all a prosperous 2019.

SlyGuy likes this.
  10. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

Eh, "repeat offender" of "rules" which are posted... nowhere? I think I've made spot offers in a couple threads and this thread's offer (spot + $1USD per coin). I guess if spot or slight premium is "annoying low-baller," then none of you should never do business with any coin shop... or with most threads listed on here either. I see more threads here selling at spot than at premiums. PMetal or anything else is only ultimately worth what someone will pay for it, so I'm not sure how wise it is to scold people with cash for violating make-believe "rules." At any rate, I guess it is three strikes of fair offers near asking price and I'm out... according to the invisible rule police. Hmmm.

I am not going to apologize for offering basically the same price any online USA bullion dealer like SD or JM or BExch would sell maples for with a coupon or sale (they all list maples for spot +$1.50 or less, free ship as regular no coupon price today... some other sites or ebay ppl probably sell maples even lower). What I posted might not be an offer people here routinely accept, but is sure isn't stupid either. Many sellers have been fine with that in the past and will be in the future. Again, I must have failed to mind-read the imaginary rules and foolishly assumed sellers on here might like offers.

Maybe you should write a "trading rules" sticky? ...or an actual moderator could do that? Make sure to highlight which future-published rule number I have violated in the past so others will not be so foolish among the mighty knowers of rules unspoken and yet unpublished. Thanks :rolleyes:

Hopefully you will learn from this, but the mature and classy way to handle this in the future when people make similar "mistakes" (mistake would imply the rules were posted and actually real, but I digress) would be to send a PM the offer maker suggesting that buy offers are usually only sent PM to the seller. I have seen plenty of threads with offers posted and negotiation made in the thread, so there is no way to expect me or any member (besides maybe the old heads) to know any different. Or, you know, you could notify a real mod.

The last word is yours, I'm not interested in an internet debate... besides, your post count and willingness to "call you out" shows you to be quite an expert at such productive uses of time and energy. Cheers

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  11. brisbane-coins

Deleting this thread... not going well

SlyGuy likes this.
  12. Soprano16

So now you're saying there are no rules posted, yet earlier above you're telling me to refer to the "guideline rules" or "moderator rules". So which one is it?

Your comment about not doing business with a coin shop just shows how out of touch you are here. The reason this forum is so great, and so many deals are made every day is because we DON'T expect coins to be sold at spot. Everyone knows they can go to a dealer and sell for spot straight away, so why the hell would people go through the time and effort to sell privately here? I'll give you a clue - it's because they get more than spot here!

Sale prices here are cheaper than dealers, and so are buy prices. That's why this forum works

Nobody cares that you can use coupons or get coins for spot + $1 or whatever it might be. Like I said before, this is the AUS/NZ sales forum and we don't have the sort of coupons and deals you get in the USA, so that fact that we can buy here for cheaper than dealers, or sell for more than what dealers will give us is exactly what this is about

You don't think it's a coincidence that 99% of trades done on this forum are here in the AU/NZ section, and that USA/International section is a ghost town?

Again, nobody cares how it works in the USA here.

Funny you say that many sellers have been fine with it, yet you still have not done a single trade on this forum... :rolleyes:

The only person that needs to learn from this is you, pal. Maybe you should just do some research and read previous threads where this topic has been discussed time and time again? I'm not the only person to "call out" someone - we all know that spot or near spot offers for coins in particular is low-balling. As for sending you a private message to advise you of this, I would have done so had this been your first time, but as you've done it more than once I have no problem making it public as it seems to be much more effective and prevents future occurrences I've found ;)

We're a tight nit community here, and plenty of people here go above and beyond to help each other and make this place great. We don't need a moderator flag sitting under our name to speak up

There's plenty of Aussies here to buy and sell, your business won't be missed

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    C.H., Bullion_ron, Silverling and 2 others like this.
  13. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

you are from USA, the sales thread is for Oz and Nz only
    it is very clear when you look at the top of the page.

brisbane-coins likes this.
  14. tongkat

tongkat Active Member Silver Stacker

You did luck out not getting milk spots!

15. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker