Running towards the fire. ...???????

Discussion in 'Silver' started by nasa, Sep 23, 2011.

1. nasa

nasa New Member

I don't understand all this stock market bullshit.
    If the $dolor is in jeopardy
    And people are getting scared and selling all stocks to get cash.

Isn't that a bit like running towards the fire. ...???????

2. jparrie

jparrie Member

Selling everything and moving short term into the only safe haven, the US$. Europe is a basket case, commodities aren't needed as much in a recession, risky currencies like the Au$ get dumped, and even gold takes a bath, silver is gone.

All helped along by Operation twist, pity none of the experts got their crystal balls out before OT:

http://wallstreetpit.com/84294-effects-of-operation-twist

3. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

Not convinced the US dollar is safe - we will see a move away from the $ very soon.
    The US economy is just as screwed as the others.

All this volatility is created by computer models that are making some folk rich and others loose their shirt.
    With global communications in real time, software is running our lives, not people.
    The big companies that are strong have not changed in 72 hours even though their share prices have been decimated this week.
    Wait a few days and the rises will be just as dramatic as the algorithms differentiating the curve move to a plus rather than a minus.

Wish I had more spare fiat as what a great buying opportunity for Ag right now.

4. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Bump!

5. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Safe US$ ???? dont be silly

If we follow the GFC-1 then there will be much gnashing of teeth and wailing - please Uncle Ben print more money - save us - save us and magically by some divine intervention there will be QE3. If Uncle Ben wont play game and print, Big Boss Bernard Obama has an election to win and he with kick Uncle Ben in the butt until he starts printing. Gold and silver and platinum and palladium with reverse and go higher. Be patient sit tight on your PM and if you have spare cash buy the dip.

6. ToDaMoon

ToDaMoon Active Member Silver Stacker

It seems to me that a lot of people in the business know what will happen if it all goes to %^&* and the only thing for them is to support it as possible and try and ride it out. Unfortunately like earthquakes if you don't have the little ones then the pressure builds and kaboom .. you have a huge earthquake to account for all that extra pressure that has built up die to the smaller earthquakes not happening.

Not a financial analyst or a geologist .. just a feeling, as nothing really is making sense.

Why would anyone consider the USD a safe haven? Only one month ago people were getting out enmasse. Has their debt level changed, has anything really changed apart from the government printing lots and lots of money?

7. jparrie

jparrie Member

I completely agree with the sentiment, but the reality has clearly been demonstrated over the past few days, that's exactly what people think.

8. null

null Member

"I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people." - Isaac Newton

9. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Exactly.

The "normal" people out there believe USD is a safe haven.
    They will sell out to embrace it.

Anyone wearing a tin foil hat will tell ya the USD is toast.

Oh yea, the USD is toast ;)

btw. This is what JPM were waiting for when they pumped up gold last month with their $2500 oz call.
    Now they will buy up on the way down.

My tin foil hat told me so. :p

10. MrSteve

MrSteve New Member

So the sheeple are panicking and selling Stocks, Equities, Gold, Silver and buying US Treasuries with a measly nothing % interest rate.

What happens when all the cash they have is now in US dollars, which, by the way, will coming crashing down like the rogue satellite that's about to re-enter the earth's atmosphere?

Maybe it'll land on the Federal reserve or Bernanke's house?