RSM gold

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by itin, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itin

itin Member

Not trying to start another Royal Silver Mint trashing thread. I've read the other two and was leary, but the price was good.

Ordered a 1/4 oz gold Macaw two days ago. Price was approx $439, which was less than spot. Website said it was "On Sale".

This morning I got this email:

Royal Silver Mint

Hi XXXXXX,

Message from Royal Silver Mint

You have received a new message regarding order #XXX:
    Mr. XXXXXX:

Our pricing module was disabled and nobody at Royal Silver noticed, except me today, upon returning from a business trip. Our store was selling gold for less than the spot price of gold. I hope this won't turn you against us, but I am canceling this order 547, due to an invalid price generated by the pricing module. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to order again; the module is working now. Thank you.

Regards

Brian McConnell
    CEO, Royal Silver Company

Royal Silver Mint powered with PrestaShop

Ha, ironic thing is the dogs were barking while I was replying to the message.

Checked the mail and my three silver coins form RSM were in a USPS box laying on the porch.

Ordered them on July 6, delivered on September 21.

Nice coins, but I won't be ordering from them again.

Customer service is a disgrace.

Bill

2. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

My silver coins are supposedly on their way. However, seeing the shipment go to Arizona from Florida is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling when I live in Arkansas.

If you read the fine print, RSC can cancel your order for pretty much any reason they want.

3. itin

itin Member

After several emails with Brian I received an offer that we can both live with on this transaction.

After being very pissed at him, I must say that Brian stepped up to the plate and did the right thing.

And in a very short time frame.

All is good now.

Mods, please lock this thread.

4. Ryaneod

Ryaneod New Member

In other words, he gave you a good deal so that you wouldn't give him bad publicity . . . Well, the right thing to do would have been to give you that offer in the first place. I mean, just saying . . .

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

itin, if you use the "Report" function at the bottom, The Pelican is more likely to see your request as he doesn't check every post.

6. itin

itin Member

Thanks shiney.

Done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.