Return of the Silver Liberation Army

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Guest, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BdpL_EATyc[/youtube]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

"We had great success last year taking it to $50, now let's take it to $500" - Max Keiser

Woo HOO, yeah! :D :cool:

Keeps stacking people!

3. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Bubble much anyone? :>

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not..

5. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Yes I'm. :)

Cmon Geewiz, you know damn well that it wasn't max keiser and his liberation "army" or cult I should say :D that pushed price up to $49.5

Recent quote from J.Sinclair say it all:

6. Guest

Guest Guest

The Silver Liberation Army is anyone who takes possession of physical silver.

7. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

Oh dear, id like to disagree; same "possession" fueled every bubble ;)*

Centuries ago they were liberating tulip bulbs, now silver bullion :D

Now Geewiz: Cui bono?

*Im not saying we are in the bubble, but seeds are being sown.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Cui bono means "as a benefit to whom?". Why ask this? I don't understand.

I'm aware of the tulip mania... what's your point?

9. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

I've said all along where will the big players, the power players invest there wealth when the crunch comes???

The answer I believe is the one store of real value: Gold. In the mean time a lesser commodity is being manoeuvred with great purpose, but it wont stand, for silver is poor mans gold.

10. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Silver Liberation Army..... oh puh-lease!

11. Aengrod

Aengrod Member

My point, silver mania is in its early stages, few years here or there ....
    There are some that will benefit from it and some that will loose, hence the Cui bono
    Don't forget that keiser was one of "them" (wallstreet looters) and somehow i dont believe in his altruistic change.
    Don't forget that those that gonna join another "liberation" will do so at ever increasing prices.
    So at what point liberation ends? He has said himself, that once gold will hit $5k/oz you wont hear about kaiser anymore.

12. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

13. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Count me in your camp Geewiz - The Silver Liberation Army has always been a light hearted but at the same time serious effort to get disaffected outsiders rebelling in a small but collective way against the debauched fiat system. None of those people take themselves seriously, they wear silver shirts ffs, and it could actually work; its how big changes like toppled dictators happen - ideas that catch the imagination of a lot of people; the idea that some big change is possible if you act in concert.

Max keiser is a great commentator, oooh evil Max, worked in Wall St as a broker when he was growing up, getting you to buy silver is just a way to enrich himself, but we're too sophisticated for him and see right through his schemes.

14. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

LOL silverz to da moonz

15. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$500 an ounce.

Count me in for a piece of that action. I'll sell at $300 / $400 and leave plenty of profit for the next person

16. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

Go Max and Stacey, Im with you.

Cause the times are a changing

17. toto

toto New Member

I think Max is genuine, his point was to take advantage of a vulnerability in the system. Because the physical silver market is so small and there is so much paper on top of it the idea was something that could be in reach if people started to buy a few ounces. If everybody who is fed up with lies, deceit, bogus wars and the growing divide of wealth in a rigged toll both economy were to buy a couple of ounces of silver and hold possession of it, it would force a bonn fire in the paper market and real price discovery hence "to da moon". The reasoning for this is that the physical silver market is very small and therefore a few million buying a few ounces would have impact enough to attract hedge funds to come in and really push the price higher. That's my general understanding of the matter.
    Sure Max has a lot of "pixxie" in him and he will and has made profit on all this, and that's a good thing! All you have to do is watch the interviews he has and who he has them with to realize that it's not just him out there saying this stuff.
    Is there a financial war? Why do you buy silver?
    Did the SLV have anything to do with the price rise in 2011? To a degree yes, but probably not the way Max thinks, try this out, what if it was a manicured pump and dump so they had some stats to say that the market has peaked and resided, just to bide some time and ammunition for the next tide. I think when we reach critical mass in silver manipulation awareness and just how under valued it is there will be more physical buying, but when the price starts to go higher and the fear mechanizism kicks in is when the fire works start, literarily. But then we may rue the day when we see $500 Silver and long for those lazy $30 dollar sideways days because life was so much easier then.
    Does humor belong in financial reporting?
    Just watch CNBC, it's hysterical.
    On the cult of Keiser, it's a cult of self education.
    My two grams worth.

18. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Max saw a gap in the market and decided to fill it. There's nothing wrong with that.

But he has too much of the spruiker mentality about him for me to take him really seriously. Useful information yes, but so do many others without the theatrics. If that's how you like that kind of thing to be delivered though, and there seem to be a lot of people that do, then that's fine, it's your choice.

He's the alternative economic media's Jim Cramer. And by that I mean in terms of the delivery, not that he has the same level of uselessness.

19. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Max has a good idea in theory. What he should be saying is stop trading already bought silver amongst yourselves. Take it off the exchange. That might make a difference.

20. Honestcoins

Honestcoins New Member

which is what celente tried to do and he got mf globaled.