REMINISCENCES OF A STOCK OPERATOR by Edwin LeFevre - downloadable PDF

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Greg Williams, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Greg Williams

Greg Williams Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

wouldn't waste your time. I've read it and as far as I can see Mr LeFevre basically tapped out all his mates and just bet big. Sometimes he won and like with any horse bet, you always hear of the one that won but you never hear of the many which you lost. Only for LeFevre lost other peoples money and decided to take his life in the end (oh boooo whooo sorry for him - yea right what about all the poor lenders eh? ). At least he had the decency to kill himself after loosing other peoples money whereas now a days it's just looked at by todays Mr LeFevres types as who cares? I'll go to court, ask for government assistance, bog it down in paperwork, the auditors will milk any credit left in the remaining assets if any?, and then a new crisis will happen and divert the attention to another Mr LeFevre and the cycle starts again. I can honestly say the only line in the book that has credit is "it's a bull market"

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

from the Wolf on Wall Street:

Mark Hanna: The name of the game, moving the money from the client's pocket to your pocket.

Jordan Belfort: But if you can make your clients money at the same time it's advantageous to everyone, correct?

Mark Hanna: No.

4. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

you forgot a much better film Boiler Room 2000 which I believe "the Wolf on Wall Street" is basically a rip off from that. :cool: