Reflections on Thursday at the PM

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Paulo, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Paulo

Paulo Member

Now the dust has settled a little just thought I would share my reflections from Thursday at the PM. (Apologies if this has been noted elsewhere, but there are so many threads covering the broader topic).

Arrived at PM at 7.15. Very small crowd, mostly SSs. Good vibe, good conversations, smart everyday people, pure anticipation.
    Event Registered SSs let through the PM doors at 8. Now 4th or 5th in line.
    Rest of us through at 9. Still a small crowd.
    Served by 9.10. Elated.

All in all a happy customer.
    SSs going first was a great way to manage the sales process. Even made it easier for those in line outside like myself.
    Enough product for everyone who took the trouble to get down early. I drove 3 hours to get there, so really could not get there any earlier.

My realisation of the day, which to me was more valuable than the chunks of metal in my hand was....how little the public still knows about PMs. I was expecting a crowd and 1/2 day wait, there was probably bigger crowds & longer waits in some of the cafes in Perth. Apple has a bigger crowd outside their store each Saturday morning.

We are on the ground floor, maybe even the basement, a long way from the top. Enjoy the ride SSs.

It was nice to meet some of you. Thank you for your community.

2. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My only question is
    Who gave me the Silver Panda for testing :)

3. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

It is easy to think that 'everyone knows' when we are on here, on blogs, watching the finance websites, watching and listening to the commentators, but it is no different from the comic book guys thinking half the world is going to be at the latest comic launch.

It is good, time to time, to get some perspective like this :)

I had a finance conversation with a guy at my work who seemed knowledgeable in relation to 'headline' finance. But when I slipped the word silver in his response was "But you can't just go buying bars of silver *Laughs*".

I just smiled and said yeah!

4. goldilox

goldilox Member Silver Stacker

:lol: gold!