RAM Roos

Discussion in 'Numismatics' started by 940palmtx, Sep 17, 2011.

1. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I never see much love for one of my favorites, the RAM Roos. Now I'm not crazy about every single design, but they are diverse and they seem to be in high demand for nice prices on feebay. Do you Aussies like 'em? Any one collect them, I mean I know someone is besides myself because they usually have as many bidders as Pandas.

2. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I like them as well, but only have two dates. The prices are just too outrageous to me. I have to limit my expensive collections to Lunars and Britannias.

3. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I like Lunars and just started collecting with the Tigers. I have a 2 oz and 2 1/2 dragons waiting to be shipped, but am afraid I'll have to pay through the nose to get a 1 oz. I like the Britannias a lot, but don't collect them, With Roos, Lunars, Pandas and Eagles, I'm about collected out LOL

4. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I don't mind them but at the prices they seek i only get one unless i get a good deal. That said i do have a few and am only missing a few years.

5. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I like the 1993 a lot, nice silver dollar with a Roo bounding from the side on. Nice artwork and nothing too clever about it.

I also have one of each of them from 1993 to 1999 because I could get them for about $50 each (silver was at $49 and about to go to the moon according to the forums).

I have about 12 of the 1993 roos and a couple of double ups on a few of the other years because they were included in auction lots but I have no interest in getting a complete set of them and there is no way on earth I am paying $87 for the latest offerings. As soon as I scrape together some more cash I might get a few more of the 1993 Roos, I think they would make great presents as they are pretty iconic, the rest of the designs....meh!

6. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

That's ironic, I just received a 93 two days ago. They are a bit pricey, which is why I have only 8 with dates all across the board, I try to find good deals, but they're hard to find. I may one day have to pay full retail to complete my collection, but until I get close, I'll continue on bargain hunting. Oh, to me a bargain is any carded under 65 and a boxed proof under 80.

7. Mighty Atom

Mighty Atom New Member Silver Stacker

I have some of these but also have not collected each years issue. I just happened to pick one up here and there if i wandered past and had some spare cash.

8. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

How much could you get for 93 roos?. I can get several for $49 but I feel that paying $9 over spot is not how I stack..I have a few roos 2000 to 2006 that I got for $45 when spot was heading towards $50.

Regards Errol 43

9. plata

plata Member Silver Stacker

10. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Nice coins wrecked by a few cents worth of cardboard and plastic wrap, IMHO.