RAM pop in capsules???

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by sjm0500, May 10, 2011.

1. sjm0500

sjm0500 New Member

Hi All,

Does any one know where the RAM get their pop in capsules? the ones that they use for the carded UNC's - like the wedding 50c or the moon-landing 50c?

I have quite a lot of these and they display well in my album while the larger hard plastic ones (lighthouse etc) do not fit as well.

I tried calling the Mint but they wouldn't help...

Any assistance would be great as I am trying to get a common look across my collection.

Cheers
    Steve

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not sure of the exact coins you are talking about but I think I know the ones.

You could always make a vacuuform table, instructions are on the net, basically if you have a kettle and you have a vacuum cleaner you can make a unit.

Sounds extreme but getting them made up costs $1000s to set up so is not practical on a small scale. Unless you can find a source then you are stuck, Ultra Pro make just about everything so if it is on their site you might be able to find it, if it isn't on their site and it isn't on the lighthouse site then it probably isn't on sale to the public.

What album pages do you use to store the cards in?

I had a three pocket page but the stench of the PVC coming off it meant I had to chuck them.

3. sjm0500

sjm0500 New Member

Hi Jislizard,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like I was a little unclear, I don't store the card but rather pop out the coin in the plastic holder and the coin and plastic holder go into a standard coin album (4 ring binder with plastic pages that hold 30 coins - 5 across).

The coins that I have taken form RAM carded UNCs (like royal engagement, comm games, moon landing etc) hold well and look good in these pages. The coins on their own look good but tend to slip out a little. Coins in the hard plastic capsules (like Perth Mint Koalas or RAM Masterpieces in Silver) are too large and require the sheets that only hold 20 coins (4 across) and don't sit well in the album.

Hence I am looking for the small plastic "pop in" capsules (not sure what they are called) for the 50c coin as used by the RAM.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
    steve