RABBIT JADE LUNAR YEAR 2 OZ SILVER COIN 2000 KIP LAO LAOS 2011

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by doomsday surprise, Jun 11, 2012.

1. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/3930_rabbit-jade-lunar-year-2-oz-silver-coin-2000-kip-lao-laos-2011.jpg][​IMG][/imgz]

Does anyone know anything about these coins?

2. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Lol.. yip POWER COIN IT .. trademarking other peoples coins again.. can they REALLY do that?

This looks like the cheap base metal ones i was getting off ebay in 2010.

IMO farking ugry.. yours for just 300 Euros.. you can also get the 2012 Drag for 300 Euros!

http://www.powercoin.it/lang-en/asi...-2-oz-silver-coin-2000-kip-lao-laos-2011.html

I personally find most of the stuff overpriced and junky but if it floats your boat.

1for1

3. silverfever

silverfever New Member

First in the series. 2 oz of .999 silver with a Jade insert. I personally prefer the Fiji Ying Yang series.

4. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I have both Rabbit (first in series) and Dragon and they are amazing. Jade insert is not so common in coins. Coin in hand is much better than picture.

About watermarking the coins many website do that to avoid image stealing, especially when those are personal beautiful pics taken by professionals with expensive cameras and tools. Not this case cause that is a generic picture.

Alex.

5. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Maybe thats why some people do it... Powercoin.it just use other peoples images and put there watermark over them, i personally think its horrible they ruin nice images that are public domain, as far as i can tell Power coin take NONE of there own images, all are borrowed stock images from original sources which are then watermarked (graffiti'ed) by Powercoin.it as if its there intellectual property.. YES i take issue with it.

RE: coins.. ok dude.. why didnt you buy gold if you are happy to pay 300 euros for a 2oz coin.. just askin..?

1for1

6. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

In my opinion another reason why sellers watermark (put their logo on) also the public domain images, is because they use same images to sell on ebay, and it is a way to indicate to potential buyers about them and their website, to avoid ebay fees and offer (often) a better price after contact.
    It is not only powercoin, on ebay all big sellers have their own logo on coins.
    That is the most reasonable explanation I can give.

About buying a 2 oz silver coin for 300 euro.... well I would prefer to pay more for 1 oz "gulo gulo" SILVER coin or 1 oz red back spider SILVER coin rather that 1 generic 1 oz GOLD... ;)

Alex.

7. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is 300 euro about the going price for these coins? I haven't seen them anywhere much except for power coin and ampex. I'd like to see one in real life before committing that sort of money for a 2 oz silver coin. :(

8. CoinsFromWorld

CoinsFromWorld New Member

Yes price is high but please remember this is first series,and all first coins soon is higher.
    You can check real pictures in my online website shop. Soon will be next of this series Snake :)

http://coinsfromworld.com/laos-c-8.html

If you will be have any question we are at your disposal ;)

Best regards