Question on coin/bar conditions, value impact

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Rob Bennett, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Rob Bennett

Rob Bennett New Member

Hello all,

I have been receiving some of my first shipments of silver recently, and noticed an issue with two items. I am still never new to this, so not sure if it's something that is important or irrelevant.

One coin and one bar (from two different sellers - both large, reputable dealers) were package carelessly and had some scratches/dent's on the surface. Will this affect their eventual re-sale value in any meaningful way? (FYI, these aren't rare, collectible coins - just garden variety .999 silver bullion).

Assume it's not a huge deal, but was a bit annoyed and wondering if I should bother complaining. Thanks.

2. Rob Bennett

Rob Bennett New Member

Yeah, figured, thanks. Though I def won't be buying from one of those places again - didn't know any better a couple weeks ago, but they had much higher premiums anyway, on top of lazy packaging. Live and learn.

3. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just stick them in your garden and forget about it.

4. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You can keep those out in easy reach when you want to to pet some shiny stuff and not feel bad handling nice stuff.
    You wont hurt it man.

5. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Bars acceptable with scratches and tiny dents.. depending on your premium paid on them... however, coins I’m not inclined to give some exceptions... as they’re supposed to be MiNT as you paid for high premiums...as seller why and (if large volume purchased) perhaps ask for replacement.