Question for everyone regarding the price of silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lshallperish, Sep 15, 2014.

1. lshallperish

lshallperish New Member

Now we have seen silver at 15 dollars an ounce and even at 5 dollars an ounce ( I haven't seen 5 dollars - gen y here) but some of you have seen that price. Let's say that silver did go to 200 an ounce and we see that number RIGHT NOW, you panic from excitement and check another 50 websites with live marketing prices just to make sure.. you're like "YESSS FINALLY I CAN BUY THAT MANSION"

My question is.. Would you sell the silver for 200 an ounce orr wait for even higher prices.. you might do the calculations and go "i have xxx silver and it's 200 per ounce, however I need price of silver to go to 2xx to buy that mansion" would you wait for silver to climb to 210-220-230 etc etc but then again it could drop a lot over night.

Actually forget about 200 per ounce.. say it went between 100-200 dollars, would you sell? because if you sell you are out of the market unless you buy silver at 100+ dollars per ounce.. but see people will say "Ill wait til it gets cheaper" it could get cheaper but would you be comfortable in buying 50 dollar per ounce? I mean if silver goes up to 100-200 dollars that could mean that we would never seen silver at 20 an ounce.. which means you are taking a larger risk now then say now.

2. C.H.

C.H. Active Member Silver Stacker

I would just create another 5 new topics at least:
    1. "Is silver really $200 or am I blind?"
    2. "Should I sell now or wait till $210, what do you guys think?"
    3. "Rawdog on youtube says we should wait till $515, cause that's the number he's seen in his dream. He's a guru, right?"
    4. "What kind of mansion you guys buying, two or three stories?"
    5. "I haven't bought any silver before the price increased, I was waiting for $15, so should I buy now, cause it's obviously going to at least $400?"

Then I would think for may be 5 mins and create another 10 new topics to clear out remaining questions that just poped up in my head.

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well I figure if I sell half my stack at $50 then I have pretty much paid off everything I have spent on silver and still have half of it left. If it goes down after that it then I haven't lost any money. I would be able to put the money realised into my personal debt. Anything after that would be a bonus.

But silver did pretty much go to $50 and I didn't sell because I didn't need the money at the time, and although it would have been nice to sell and then buy back in, I am more of a hoarder than a trader.

I like owning silver more than looking at numbers on a spreadsheet.

4. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

When silver is significantly overvalued compared to other assets, it is time to dump the silver.

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Best answer.

6. ryan71

ryan71 Member

If silver went to $200 then the world is in bad shape and fiat is worthless. I'd trade silver for land away from the city.

7. mmissinglink

If silver went to $200 in some hypothetical time, a simple loaf of bread might be $100 at that same time. In that case, silver's value would be considerably lower than it is today. It's all relative to then, not to now. Things can change, and change in a big way. A tiny plot of land at that hypothetical time could be valued at $50,000,000. So, you'd need at least 250,000 oz of silver to buy that small parcel of land in this hypothetical scenario.

The point is, value is relative to a specific time and silver at $200 could be silver that is in the dumps if an ounce could only buy 2 simple loaves of bread.

8. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ok, please put your hands on the crystal ball. making a future tell tell here :lol:

I would be better off making a place for a "silver dumping ground" :)

9. rodmadman

rodmadman New Member

The present economic climate dictates that I would never "USE" any of my stack until I have to. $200 silver probably means that mansion will cost you a heck of alot more in $ than it would right now. PMs should be thought of as a survival tool rather than an investment or hedge.

10. mmissinglink

The days of gold and silver blobs being money are permanently dead and will never return. Therefore, eventually, the vast majority of stackers will be pricing their metals in fiat....otherwise how are they going to make use of these blobs of metal?