Qld government to start raiding super funds for infastructure projects

Discussion in 'Superannuation' started by Caput Lupinum, May 24, 2016.

1. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...-superannuation-fund/7440278?section=business

If this gets the green light I can see it becoming a trend that will extend to other states and beyond just public sector numpties super funds.

2. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Give it 5 years and everyone will be doing it :/

3. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am sure I read somewhere (probably here) that when state couldn't get any investors to fund the toll roads and tunnels in Bribane, they got QSuper (the government workers' fund) to pay for it.

If that is true, then they are already doing it.

4. Kooka

Kooka New Member

Has there ever been a Labor gov that doesn't spend every cent they can get their hands on......Wayne Goss was a good one but he had nothing on the self declared economic conservative K Rudd....

I guess they will again transfer a few billion $ of debt to some GOC and skite how good they are at managing the states finances......

5. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Look fellows..Qld is the only state to have a super fund with anything left to raid...All the other states have unfunded super funds which means that each year they spend the super funds of state employees,

Look at the books of the QIC and you will see that Qld has invested a lot in other states as well.

If any money is used for capital works in Qld it should be through the QIC not taken from their funds.

Seek the truth about your state employees super fund before jumping on board the blue scare campaign.

Joh set up the fund many years ago and it now has assets of over 70billion which is not well known.

Many of these assets are in Southern States with investments in energy etc.

I have no problems if future projects in Qld are funded through the QIC rather than to beg for funds from the Red and Blue leaders who only give money to stay in the PM's job.

Regards Errol 43

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker