PSR

Discussion in 'Platinum' started by goldpelican, Jun 26, 2013.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Pulled the trigger on a PSR swap today when it hit 70. 7oz Pt for 15kg Ag through Gold Stackers unallocated.

Pretty happy with the swap - this is where things can work out nicely - I have a $700 paper loss to claim on tax, but when I entered the position in March, the same money would have only bought me just 12kg silver. So a 25% increase in silver by weight and a capital loss to boot, in 3 months.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Next time I drop into gold stackers I'm opening up an unallocated account. I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a few GSR or PSR swaps in the future.

3. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

PSR is blaise I was posting on that months ago when the ratio was far lower and platinum was cheaper than gold. I didnt have the stack nor a close reliable dealer to facilitate a swap. At least one of us made good on it. ;)

4. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

Found my old thread psr was 47 i was waiting for 45 so i could do a 90 oz ag for 2 oz pt swap. It never reached my target I shouldve gone at 47 I couldve gotten 2 oz of pt for 94 oz of ag. Today that pt could be converted into 140 oz of silver or a profit of 46 oz / 50% not bad for 7 months of holding.

5. mdbruhn

mdbruhn New Member

This might be better as a PM, but I need to get my number of posts up anyway, so here goes ;)

Is it hard to get the the physical metal back when you do this GSR, PSR type of swaps or are you trusting that there is some real metal out there somewhere for you?

6. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

worry you not, what is yours to keep, will come back to you in the future, silver is still silver. :cool: