Problem to access Apmex

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by dragafem, May 4, 2012.

1. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The past day Apmex page wont load,gives me this message:Welcome to urlseek .121 nginx! Perhaps the prices are too low,they dont wanna give me a heartattack:)

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

2. revlisify

revlisify Member Silver Stacker

Sounds like a Trojan.

Can you quickly verify the following?

1) assuming you are surfing using a computer. Do you get the same problem if you use a different browser on the same computer? If yes, the problem is at least not browser specific.

2) if you could get to another computer within the same network and access the site again. If the problem goes away, then it would likely be a Trojan that persists on the first computer. If the problem happens again, then either both computers within the network are affected, or your network route has been hijacked.

3) try accessing on a mobile using 3G (switch off mobile wifi) and see if you can see it on the mobile. This forces the mobile web to go through another network. If the problem persists till this step, it's like APMEX which is the problem. But if the problem doesnt show, it's likely contained within your computers or network.

Let us know how it goes, I'll see if I can find anything about urlseek and removals.

Revlisify

3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the tip.It is only if I use Firefox,the page comes up right away with IE. I had a lots of problems with Firefox ....

4. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

They are doing business as usual.