Premium minted silver bar

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Steve19800, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Steve19800

Steve19800 New Member

Hi all,

I've been offered by one of the precious metal dealer an imperfection minted Suisse silver bar. As we aware the minted is different to cast bar, this is obvious. You can even tell just by look at them on the display. I was told it was normal for the minted bar in that condition, many white spotted on the surface. Looks like an old stock instead of new. Does anyone have any thought on this? Thanks.

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's probably just milk spots on the bar.

I've got a few from Perth like that.

H

3. Steve19800

Steve19800 New Member

I've got few of them on the PM cast bar. But when you spend more for the premium product you want to get what you pay. This is the new batch, lifted the 500g minted silver bar that was packed in the individual box with scratches and cracks, more or less said this one is big silver bar hence less premium. I know it's less premium, it's shipped by courier and it's stored in the vault for security purpose. Did you cook anyway?
    You go to the BMW showroom and there is dirt on the tyre and the sales tells you this is a premium car but human is imperfect. Thanks for that, can we keep the conversation going and see if the price is fixed? You want me to pay cash or come back later.

During my visits in the last few months I have always been offered various sizes of gold/silver either in blemished packaging or peeled certicard and was told that this was the last one or the last three. But I doubt if you can't order more than 3 pieces due to the shortage of stock from their website.

Can anyone senior here please list some of the good gold or silver dealers in Melbourne, preferably face to face? What I mean by good is less hassle, helpful and honest. Hopefully it can be a long term customer-dealer relationship, of course if they want my money. Thanks.

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

5. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Go to the big papa there 'Goldstackers'.
    You will not be dissappointed.

6. Steve19800

Steve19800 New Member

I'm not saying they are bad. But is there other gold and silver dealer out there in Melbourne?

7. spannermonkey

8. Steve19800

Steve19800 New Member

Thanks for the link. Things may have changed since the thread started three years ago. I've called ABC yesterday afternoon but I was encouraged to buy ABC product while I'm looking for PAMP Suisse at the moment. I've also taken notice some of the dealers such as W.Davis and City Gold Bullion. Has anyone dealt with these dealers before? How was the transaction going?

It's not quite pleasant though when you are monitored and recorded by a 24 hours video surveillance camera with the distance less than 1 Meter, shop located up high in the building, you are locked in the room secured by two security doors which operate only by authorised person and yet you are not allowed to hold and take a close look at the product you buy. When you want to observe the product you are gonna buy like the first visit, you are told to look at them sitting in the display, the reason is your display is not for sale and I am your return customer.

What you see and what you get is not guaranteed to be the same, I think every customer has the right to decide whether you want to pay for the product or not regardless the seller opinion about the product they sell. This thread is open for public including the dealer. I would be more than happy to see if they are willing to post a reply to this thread or send me a message, maybe there was a misunderstanding ...... or maybe not.

9. spannermonkey

Personally I think your an idiot
    You are the type of customer I would hate to deal with ;)
    Bullion is bullion , wanting your bullion bar to be perfect :lol:
    Get real
    As far as the security is concerned at Goldstackers
    Trust me it warranted ;)
    You have no idea of how it works ,
    And I will refuse to deal with you

10. Steve19800

Steve19800 New Member

Thanks for the reply on behalf of Goldstackers. Define perfect, there is nothing perfect even your iPhone, only perfect enough for you to pay for it. I am a consumer of goods and products. I have never been told as a customer as you mentioned above, never. If you really deal with customers you know which one is slightly out of your comfortable zone and which one truly is a bad customer. Eventually it comes to a win-win situation. It's about how a customer buy a product rather than how you sell a product if that makes any sense. I was just making sure if I was satisfied with the product I buy and you hate a customer like me? Seriously mate, if you know how to do a business, yours will be growing faster than ever but not everyone interested in that. As for refusal, don't worry about that you can only refuse the money, you can't refuse me. It's just a lol if you think you can do that, be realistic.

11. spannermonkey

Making sure ? :lol:
    Satisfied with the product :rolleyes:
    Bullion is bullion mate and you busting the dealers chops to look at more bars because you want them perfect :lol:

12. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

nothing wrong with milkspots have them on maples brittanias and a few other randoms like rust spots on gold no big deal its like a built in xrf.

13. Auagau

Auagau Active Member

I don't think there is any harm in asking for a perfect product without any scratches.

Although there is an advantage of having a few dents in a bullion bar as it allows you to identify if the product is fake.

I came across a picture of this bar on the forums a few weeks ago and I am pretty sure it's a fake. You can tell by the discolouration on the dents.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2558/image1360564061760269.jpg

14. spannermonkey

:rolleyes:
    You think it's a fake :rolleyes:
    You really piss the dealers of when you ask to have a look at the condition of the bars ;)

15. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Clarification to the above ... Spannermonkey is not speaking on behalf of Gold Stackers. He is a customer just like anyone else.

While we may become frustrated at times with pickyness of some customers, we would never express such in a forum such as this.

Yes, Bullion is Bullion. For those looking for the "perfect bar" may I recommend Peter Strich. He's a coin dealer, and has margins that warrant dealing with overzealous attention to detail.

Gold Stackers is primarily an on-line national business, and must share it's staff resources between all states. Melbourne residents have the added ability to pick up orders in store. However much we like to give our local clients as much time as possible, our interstate clients are equally deserving of our attention.

The margins we make in a sale similar to that described above, are totally wiped out by the time it takes to manage issues such as this. Hence it is not in our best interests to EVER pass old stock off as new.

For example, it has long been company policy to destroy certificates provided with any buyback stock, and make it clear that the stock is a buyback. We sell them cheaper even. Have a look at our low premium offering if you want old stock, and even then, most of that is brand new.

Finally, if Gold Stackers is the company you are referring to in the original post then it is probably best to address any queries about it direct to me.

If you feel there is a quality issue that needs to be referred to the manufacturer, we will facilitate that on your behalf.

Regards,
    Ck .... Most definitely representing Gold Stackers.

16. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

if i want a perfect bar, i will pour and re-pour it again, until my experience is perfect!

a few hundred hours of training and the energy required to do that, its really a waste of my time trying all that :lol: since the bubble on the cast keep pooping up, and not to mention the imperfection :p

so picky, later the bar will get melted down anyway.

17. SilverTouch

SilverTouch Active Member Silver Stacker

Milk spots are are normal and can happen on bars, if your that worried post a picture for us to view it and if you want perfect go buy graded coins marked MS70

18. spannermonkey

Yes blowing steam for myself & not acting on anybody else's behalf except for myself ;)

19. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Looks fine to me.

20. Kawa

Kawa New Member

You have tried to sell pure silver on here without it first being verified.

I believe you have been called out more than once.

By the way my Cheques and transfers have been accepted my many here .