Pouring Silver Into A Silicone Mold

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by House, Jun 9, 2013.

1. The Black Ram

The Black Ram New Member

You could instead take the mold to a casting house, like Palloys or Pure Casting and they will use it to cast a wax version. Then they use the wax to do a lost wax cast in Silver.

2. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

3. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for that info. Wonder where I read that the MP is 1,400+. Will try those guys, would they also do the silver pour?

4. The Black Ram

The Black Ram New Member

Your MP 1400+ is correct, however it relates to melting the silicone in an oxygen free environment so it is not very practical to do. They will definitely do the silver pour, however they mainly do Jewelry. I don't know if they will do something as large as 10 oz, but if they do I would like to know as I am also interested in making something similar.

I have had a ring made from Pure Casting before (the one in my avatar symbol), I had already had the wax carving I made myself. They will charge you a casting fee (depends on difficulty and size) and then for the silver (priced in grams). I do remember that the silver price was a little expensive, but if you ask they may let you supply your own silver.