Postage & Insurance for Metals - Please advise

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by ha55sh, May 16, 2013.

1. ha55sh

ha55sh Member

Hi

This topic is a very grey area from what i know. If you are sending a parcel and you declare its Silver/Gold Bullion and/or Bank notes, its not covered under insurance by Aus Post.

Some of the other companies like Fedex DO NOT insure minerals.

I do know for a fact that within Europe there are companies out there who insures your parcel for 20 pounds for pretty much any where in Europe.

Has someone came across a similar situation with postage and insurance? If someone on this forum knows a company where i can insure by declaring my bullion products & send it thorugh, can you please advise?

Thanks

2. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Only one I've used that accepts and insures
    bullion is Brinks. It was significantly more costly ($1,300 vs $200 for a normal courier) but for peace of mind when transporting half my stack across the country, it was well worth it. Very professional and easy to deal with too.

Might not be worth the hassle for 20lbs but look into it anyway or think about sending it in smaller packages. The old Platinum Post was great for sending 3kg at a time and never had any trouble sending bullion that way.

3. ha55sh

ha55sh Member

Thanks for the information that really helps.

There are quite a lot of people out there who thinks that Australia Post insures their bullion but thats not the case. Its just cheap and most of the time safe.

Cheers