Post Sunday Greek elections, what are your predictions?

Discussion in 'Currencies' started by thatguy, Jun 14, 2012.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/due-extreme-volatility-some-market-analysts-foresee

http://www.oanda.com/

What's up with this? EUR? JYP? ARS? RMB? USD? nothing? Just want a holiday??

Sounds like everyone expect the Euro to tank!

2. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Greek election results should be clear around that time.

Every FX pair that involves the Euro, including the pair with the highest volume (EUR/USD), is expected to go absolute bananas.

3. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

My prediction is that it will be risk on again and people will pretend everything is hunky dory.

Until Ben announces QE3 the week later.

Actually with that in mind, Ben might require that the Greek issue is exaggerated a bit, so that he can blame the Greeks for QE3.

4. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

urgent update from steve quayle

http://www.stevequayle.com/

Euro Has Collapsed!

NOTE: This is NOT the final red screen

June 14, 2012

Steve,

It is with trepidation that I write to you....The Euro has collapsed unofficially. The money is OUT of Greece, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Italy, France, Belgium and the German Elites have begun to shore up their wealth in hard assets and precious metals. RBS has given orders to close two of their major equities sectors, thousands of jobs are going to be lost the next few days/weeks. Credit Sussie has called on top investors to head to Swiss safe harbor and hard asset diversified portfolios.

The Capital Controls are in place to keep the charade of control going for the next four to six months before the official collapse. Steve...this is it. The Euro has collapsed and no one has noticed it. Greek bank runs are close to $3.5 Billion Euros per day not the $1 Billion that is being reported. The rest of the PIIGS are in the same boat. Bank Holiday imminent in all of continental Europe in the coming days and weeks. This is again theatrics to keep the plebeians believing in some semblance of control.

Please warn your listeners to pull out of their bank accounts everything that they need. Keep only to pay the day to day expenses. If they have land to go to, please do so now. Steve I do not know how much longer I can keep writing to you. You were knocked off line during your show with the Haggmans right before your were going to divulge what I have told you with the Spanish bailout. It is getting dangerous for all of now.

Again the Euro has collapsed...I repeat the Euro has collapsed. Unofficially.

May God Help Us All....

V

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Euro will not collapse until all the PIIGS gold is with the ECB... unless it already is and we do not know it the Euro is fine (If terminal is fine :D )

6. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

WTF! :O

7. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

I think it will either be another deadlock or the public will vote back the pro bailout guys.

8. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

I kinda wish you didn't post that Steve Quayle garbage - there goes 2 minutes of investigating his website that i'll never get back.

9. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

even a broken clock is right twice a day

10. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

My prediction is no clear cut winner..Unrest to continue until Military take over power for a few years. Might not happen on Sunday or soon but I think thats what will happen in the next 6 months.

Regards Errol 43

11. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Monday Will Not Be The End Of The World, Sorry
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/monday-will-not-be-end-world-sorry

Normalcy bias... must... fight it!

12. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

syriza to win in a landslide...back to the drachma by next month.

13. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Greek citizens to take back their country.
    Also
    Quote"n a bullish picture, which the strategists rate as having a low probability, Greece does not form a pro-EU government. This rebuke triggers a massive ECB response involving bond purchases, euro bank-deposit guarantees and bank recapitalizations. In this case, the 10-year Treasury yield tops 2%, the S&P 500 rallies as much as 10% on the strength of cyclical sectors with exposure to Europe, and European equities get a powerful lift as well. The euro rallies above 1.30 to the U.S. dollar and gold and oil prices soar.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetel...E2%80%99-for-greek-election%E2%80%99s-impact/

14. crojo

crojo Member Silver Stacker

Nea Dimokratia to win, only because sportingbet has them at $1.33, they are usually pretty good at predicting the future :D

15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

The markets will wake to the news that the Greek political scene is in turmoil regardless of the result.

The markets will be shocked. :rolleyes:

Panic will strike the hearts of mainstream investors, Banksters, politicians and the MSM.

Euro members will start blaming each other for the inaction or stubbornness to work to a solution, and fears of the possible collapse of the Eurozone will become very real. Again.

Central Banks will begin flooding the markets with cash to ensure the banks have access to cheap long-term loans that can then be lent to consumers and businesses.

Central banks of the largest economies in the world (ours is not included) will intervene in the forex market to ensure that there are no unwelcome currency moves caused by investors seeking a safe haven.

Anyone else experiencing deja vu?

16. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

^^^ That's a good post Shiney!

Basically you're saying that the result doesn't matter, the central banks, big traders and politicians will still use it as an excuse for activities that they wanted to do anyway.

What you say? Iraq caused 9/11 with WMDs!? Let's get em!

17. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Why waste a good crisis?

18. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Actually what I'm trying to say is that the majority of mainstream investors and media types actually believe that the Euro crisis and US debt crisis can be solved from within the current system. They believe that bailout packages give resources to nations and in so doing, that these nations may actually be able repair the damage done, allowing investment in equities and R/E to get back on it's merry way ie to create wealth out of debt.

Now I don't believe for one second that QE and currency devaluations are our pollies' and Central Bankers' preferred course of action. I believe their preferred course of action would rather be one of "inaction", whereby the economic paradigm that has existed for the past 40 years is continued into perpetuity. But, you and I know that this is impossible. As a result, in order to maintain the status quo for as long as possible, our pollies and banksters are actually forced into QE and currency devaluation etc every so often - not because they really want to, but because they really want to retain power. They need to. Japan has been doing it since the early 90's and they're still going!!!! And they're a safe haven LMAO.

And the mainstream gullible investors at the bottom of the food chain who supply all the profits for the likes of the Squid and others, together with the propaganda machine in our media, gleefully pin their hopes on any bailout measure or economic manipulation introduced by our representatives or economic watchdogs if it means there is a chance that "the good times" will keep rolling on. (And now I'm staring right into the eyes of all the "baby boomers" out there.) So when these bailout packages and ZIRPS and "beggar thy neighbour" policies, and wars on terror and on AIDS and on "whatever-the-friggin-else-there-is" fail - the mainstream investors and media actually get a bit of a shock. Gobsmacked you could say. To paraphrase Caligula from "I, Claudius" when he realised after his death he wasn't a god after all; "You could've knocked them over with a feather."

They actually truly thought this solution would work. I'd like to label them gullible dickheads, buts that's not really fair. Gullible fools?

Here's a bold prediction - AUD to USD1.03 by week's end :D

19. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

Hmmm, I agree they'd rather things just 'worked out', but they know they won't. The central bankers at least.

I think the central bankers just want an excuse to take action, that doesn't conflict with the politicians continually boasting about a 'recovery'. If they can blame someone else for their actions, rather than the economy, then they'll be a bit happier no doubt. But I don't really believe that they think we're in normal territory here and that everything will be fine if the Greek elections are fine.

Whilst we differ on what we think the motivations are, i think the outcome will be the same. I think the AUD is back on its upwards trajectory against USD, although who can tell in forex land these days.

Incidentally, 'I, Claudius' and its sequel are my favourite books.