Porter Stansberry vid - what happens when oil not priced in USD

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by millededge, Jan 19, 2011.

1. millededge

millededge Active Member

2. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

3. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This guy never actually says anything remotely useful. He talks on and on about terrible things are going to happen, how he knows what is coming and what to do about it, how he predicted 2008, so that's proof that he knows what's going to happen. Then he repeats the whole lot again. And again. I have tried to listen to his "videos" several times, and I give up 15 minutes in each time because I am wasting video size bandwidth listening to a guy repeatedly telling me that everything is going to hell, and only he knows what to do about it.

It's a con.

4. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry I have to agree...he's a bit of a blowhard! :/

5. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Guys for those that can't make it through the whole thing ..... as per the other thread:

He was basically saying that this year will be the year that the USD is replaced as the world's reserve currency. He was highlighting the ramifications of this to the US public, then he spruiked his financial advice/investment firm.

6. millededge

millededge Active Member

First time I heard of this fellow. Sorry to put you guys through it. I had no idea he'd already been through the ringer on SS previously.

I was about to start this post with "I know this guy is blowing his own trumpet" but then I see claw has used the exact turn of phrase on the other thread above :p

As he is renown for being a bit of a spielberg, then there's not much more to add.

The key points about settling oil deals outside the USD I've read in foreign paper news last year.

I confess I didn't hear the spruik as my prepaid ran out (after long and dutiful service) after about 20 mins in, around 4 this morning and that was the message it was bedtime.

I generally don't mind if people are conjuring up business, though it muddies the waters and viewpoints must be interpreted in the context of spruik.

7. millededge

millededge Active Member

bit of a pattern here with this guy...

I see silverblood apologises for posting the link before he saw the spruik too :p