political options from left field

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Rinchin, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

It seems most people are fast getting over current political state of affairs. Im in NZ but sounds similar situations in oz and all over the world. Minimal choice, all parties representing almost identical policies of reduction of civil liberties, increases in legislation and welfare states.

I have begun wondering if this could be addressed by those who live outside this paradime. By registering as political parties and contesting ellection. In new zealand i see our gangs as prime candidates. Mongrel mob, black power etc. Might be different groups in different countries but it seems to me we need direct oposition to the current system for change to come.

Most countries have followed americas lead towards a war on drugs. This creates the openings for these criminal enterprises to control the illegal trade, get rich and cause trouble.

A gang proposing to legalise low end drugs, create tax income and legal jobs couls be promoted as a really attractive no confidence vote towards the current system.

Such organisations have intelligent, charismatic leaders. I dont think it would be untennable for ordinary people fed up with how things are to vote for them.

Imagine a justice policy that only recognises crime that affects a victim. Punnishment in the manner those who break the rules are treated within gangs currently. Instant reduction to unemployment, crime statistics and increased tax revenue through removal of "crimes" such as drug posession etc.

Even if it was only criminals who feel they have been treated badly by the system who voted for them. Thats a lot of voters who probably dont even vote currently. Could provoke quite a wakeup call to those in power now. I could deffinately see parties adopting some changes to policy embracing some of the more "acceptable" elements of the rouge parties views to keep voters.

2. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y-wJAI9qdo#at=241[/youtube]

3. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

You don't get into power by telling the truth.

You don't get into power by telling people they can't have what they want.

You know the phrase, "power corrupts". How can anyone be trusted with the power? I don't know if I could even trust myself with that kind of power.

4. PMS

PMS New Member

Politicians never say what they mean
    Politicians never mean what they say
    They just get the numbers...